The following content displays a map of the jobs location - AL7 1GA
Service Delivery Manager - Mainframe background/knowledge
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
- An annual bonus scheme.
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Buy As You Earn Scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares and save tax after 3 months of service.
- Save As You Earn Scheme which gives you the opportunity to save direct from your pay for three or five years with the option of using your savings to buy Tesco shares at a discounted price after 1 year of service.
- Access to Tesco Learning and Development Academy.
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank.
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses.
- Cycle to work and Car Share Schemes.
- Onsite discounted Nuffield Health Gym.
- Subsidised Canteen.
About the role
The Service Delivery Manager helps to define and influence the roadmap for our Mainframe technical area. The role is critical in shaping the teams and working with the programme function to effectively deliver against the roadmap. Then ensuring that the delivered technologies are highly available, and are continually maintained.
As a Systems Engineer Manager, I can:
- Discover and implement new technologies that improve functionality, availability, cost efficiency, and stability for Tesco’s.
- Leads a team of System Engineers who design, develop, and/or manage, or Systems Analyst’s who monitor Tesco’s systems.
- Manage KPI’s and SLA’s and help maintain the budget related to the technical area I look after.
- Collaborate with third party and vendors to ensure service and project delivery.
You will need
- Solid Service Delivery Management experience
- Knowledge of mainframe infrastructure covering both hardware and software design and architecture
- Knowledge of mainframe high availability design and disaster recovery methodologies
- Knowledge of mainframe capacity planning and performance management
- Knowledge of IBM Country Multiplex Pricing (CMP) and SCRT reporting requirements
- Knowledge of IBM Enterprise Software and Servicing Offering (ESSO) agreements
- Knowledge of mainframe hardware maintenance agreements