The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Lead Product Manager - Financial Data
What’s in it for you
What’s in it for you
- We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a phenomenal place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Are you an expert Product Manager looking for your next opportunity? Well, we have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Product Manager to join our Payroll & Reporting team in the People Technology Programme responsible for controlling financial data.
Lead Product Managers are accountable to lead and support a team of Product Managers and will be instrumental to articulating a clear strategic direction that ladders up to the larger business goals. As I progress in this role it becomes less about the "doing" itself, but the ability to empower and grow my team to deliver value - though initially I may retain some accountability for writing user stories and creating backlogs.
You will be responsible for
You will be responsible for;
- Will proactively partner with collaborators from different levels of seniority to set the strategic direction of my product as part of the wider business strategy
- Understand key user personas, customers & team members from both the Finance function and the wider Tesco organisation for the product and their problems.
- Prioritise work and decisively resolve trade-offs with peers and senior leaders
- Effectively detail and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories with acceptance criteria and help the team in breaking down sophisticated work into smaller chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
- Steer sprint/ release planning sessions and liaise with your engineering counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product teams and engineering partners
- Prioritise coordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently
- Build and nurture an excellent team for my product, based on the business needs, strategic priorities assigned, and level of focus required
You will need
You will need;
- Experience crafting and implementing product vision & strategies
- Building, Presenting and Managing a long-term product road map
- Prioritisation & Product Backlog Management
- A detailed understanding of product methodologies & development lifecycle
- Knowledge and experience in effective data management
Does this sound like an exciting opportunity? If so, then we would love to hear from you!