The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Security Analyst I – Automated Access
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
As a Security Analyst I for Automated Access, you will work to implement our automated access controls, reducing tension for the business and making it easy for colleagues to get the access they need within our audit framework. You’ll face into the business, working with multiple stakeholders to understand their access requirements and then deliver solutions that allow access to be delivered with minimal effort, while balancing other needs such as least privilege and review requirements.
You’ll work with a cross functional team of Security Analysts, Product Managers and Engineers to measure the effectiveness of Automated Access processes and will support delivering improvements to these metrics to ease effort for the business.
You’ll need to ensure that access requirements are captured, documented and agreed, before accurately implementing these and ensuring they work as expected.
This role will require a strong attention to detail and a focus on accuracy. You will be expected to have a broad understanding of the controls we use for applying access automation controls and take accountability for the quality of your work.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
· Demonstrate a good understanding of our automated access controls and apply your experience to existing and new issues
· Continuously work to improve your own performance and widen your knowledge, seeking and responding to feedback from colleagues and managers, and supporting others to do the same
· Maintain key metrics that ensure we are aware of our current performance and communicate these effectively
· Suggest opportunities for improvement
· Work collaboratively to deliver improvements, demonstrating good planning and cross-functional co-ordination
· Contribute to a positive team culture with a culture of openness and knowledge-sharing, while encouraging curiosity and innovation
· Build strong collaborative relationships within and outside of Technology
This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised and has good attention to detail and quality. An individual who has enthusiasm for learning new skills and an ability to quickly adapt to new ways of working are important, and, most importantly, someone who puts our customers first while always protecting our business.
You will need
We’re interested in the unique experiences and capabilities that you can bring to the role and our team, so we’d prefer that you tell us what you have to offer instead of giving you a long checklist.
The role requires large amounts of inputting and managing data, so we expect you’ll be experienced in working with large data sets accurately and can demonstrate this.
We hope you’ll want to be part of an environment where we encourage team members to deliver their best and grow as individuals and as a team, while ensuring an inclusive and welcoming environment for colleagues.
We’d expect that you’ll be able to represent our team across the organisation. Flexibility, organisation, responsiveness and creativity are key attributes we value, along with a strong eye for detail and diligence.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.