The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Technology Portfolio (PMO) Manager - Infrastructure
Job Reference tesco/TP/11428279/750169
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Programs and Planning team works with a strong team of programme managers to define, implement and enable the delivery of key programmes across Infrastructure. This role will work with global infrastructure teams to review and control the portfolio. Working alongside colleagues in the Programme and Planning team to manage the governance, reporting, planning and improvement of processes, this role will work to ensure consistency and delivery of the portfolio of work.
You will be responsible for
The individual will report to the Head of Programs and Planning and be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the dependencies, risks and issues across the portfolio in UK, Central Europe, India and Asia. The role will work towards standardising the way the portfolio is controlled, ensuring stakeholder buy-in and effective levels of governance are in place.
The role will include:
- working across Infrastructure teams and with senior stakeholders to prepare for and manage governance meetings and follow up;
- make recommendations to process improvements
- work with the Head of Programs and Planning to communicate and maintain the consistent set of programme, workstream and project management standards, guidance and templates to be used by the programme team.
- ensure consistent approach to how teams record and monitor all workstream risks, issues and dependencies ensuring all are identified and tracked appropriately;
- analyse and produce reports on portfolio status, resource and finance position
- deliver high-quality management information for papers, reports and dashboards reviewed at a variety of governance forums.
We are looking for candidates with a collaborative attitude and strong communication skills. You will demonstrate a flexible approach to achieving the goals of the P&P function and a passion to deliver value to our programme management colleagues through an evolving and learning P&P function.
You will need
- Experience of working in large programmes or projects
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Passionate about making a difference for our colleagues and customers
- Fluent written and spoken English language
- Experience of using SharePoint
- Experience of using Jira & Aha! Tools and functionality
- Holder of a recognised programme or project management accreditation
- Experience of working for a major retail organisation
- Experience of working within a Technology function
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.