Technical Programme Manager - Colleague APIs
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
One of the key focus areas for People Technology is to enhance some of the existing systems to take advantage of opportunities opened up by the recent development of new Colleague APIs and systems. This will include products such as My Tesco being tied to the new APIs, enabling the rollout to a larger store population, and the enhancement of the current Scheduling to Demand capability to take in to account all skills attributed to a colleague to ensure that staff are scheduled in the most efficient way possible.
Given the APIs are Colleague related, it’s safe to assume there will be lots of consumers of the data they hold/master so it’s critical that we understand their roadmaps, workload, capabilities and are able to help communicate this to our stakeholders across the Technology & the wider business. Working closely with a number of engineering & product teams across the globe, this role will help facilitate the way we manage, protect & progress using colleague data.
You will be responsible for
- Deliver complex programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities
- Establish new or improve existing delivery methodology to deliver the programme goals
- Initiate and shape programmes with ambiguous scope and uncertain delivery approach
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan
- Provide expert advice and guidance on programme delivery (mentoring other TPMs and supporting Engineering/Product teams)
- Understand trade-offs in software delivery, using experience and influencing skills to drive consensus with the Engineering and Product teams to obtain the best value and solution
- Am able to foresee potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion and manage escalations
- Act on opportunities to adopt trends and new concepts in programme and product delivery
- Am able to understand a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Have good knowledge of engineering best practices and practical infrastructure implementations to appreciate delivery challenges
- Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
- Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services
- Add value to vendor selection processes (tendering, agreeing SLAs, warranty periods, outsourcing)
- Coach peers and other roles, teaching where required, on methodologies and programme management tools and coach/mentor on leadership
- Take a leading role in the recruitment process and make final recruitment decisions
- Play an active leadership role in the TPM guild and community – proactively influencing capability and capacity planning for TPMs
You will need
An ideal candidate will have:
- A proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or infrastructure; having done so across multiple teams in multiple geographies
- Experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior management & leadership teams
- Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills
- Excellent communication & influencing skills
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.