The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Lead Product Development Manager - Non Food
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
About the role
You will be responsible for defining and delivering the product development proposition for your categories by developing & launching great quality, value & innovative products for customers, through proactive leadership of your team and suppliers.
The Hiring Manager for this vacancy is Sarah Green.
You will be responsible for
- Leading a small team of Product Development Managers and Product Developers to ensure the delivery of the Product Development strategy across our own label range.
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the Product Development strategy within your area.
- Participating in Leadership team meetings and contributing to the broader Product Development plans.
- Leading change & contributing to the wider business projects, working with commercial, technical & marketing functions to deliver our plans.
- Leading the Product Development process for your area, with your NWT & suppliers, ensuring quality for customers and innovation are at the heart of what we do and all new products have clear customer & business rationale.
- Developing & driving a future strategic product & supplier plan for your area that compliments the business plan.
- Ensuring all our products and are formulated in line with our product rules, corporate initiatives & brand guidelines.
- Keeping updated with trends in product & packaging, competitor activity & market dynamics & sharing with your team.
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best.
You will need
- Previous experience of working in the non food industry or a formal qualification.
- A proven track record of product & proposition development.
- Range management experience in a fast paced environment.
- A passion for product & trends
- Leadership & team development
- Supplier & stakeholder management
- Strategic & critical thinking
- Leading change & a proactive attitude
- Project & Critical management
- Influencing, clear communication & presentation skills
- Data analysis & decision making
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.