Product Manager – Marketing Platform & Capabilities
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The marketing platform and capabilities team is a team of Product Management specialists responsible for enabling a customer centric approach to our marketing, through the building or procurement of a world class marketing technology stack, with new technologies when required, allowing multichannel optimisation for each customer and delivery from a single data set.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Have ownership of a Product involving multiple internal/ external stakeholders and drive the Product strategy & execution for it
- Engage with my stakeholders to formulate the vision, strategy and long-term roadmap for my product and execute it well by constantly managing my stakeholders expectations, working through dependencies across multiple products/ teams
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for my product and their pain points really well
- Understand and demonstrate all of the features of my product to different audiences within and outside of my immediate product team
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the delivery team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
- Steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with my delivery counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort
- Accountability for the performance/ adoption of my product and work towards increasing it
- Lead discovery work around minimum viable product (MVP) for any new product/feature, collaborating with delivery teams to prototype and validate the MVP
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team (s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
- Monitor industry best practice and local / overseas market trends
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and delivery stakeholders
- Present to other Tesco Product areas on my Product and its functional/ engineering capabilities
- Drive experiments against defined hypotheses, create MVPs towards robust data-driven decisions on product improvements and their influence on product performance indicators
- Prioritise, coordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You will need
- Articulating a product strategy in terms of consumer and business value.
- Experience and understanding of agile techniques to deliver world beating products
- Thinking at a conceptual level across a number of platforms (web, mobile, tablets, PC).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly.
- Having proven success in working on unstructured problems, defining hypothesis, creating MVPs, running experiments and analysing results to drive data-driven decisions
- Technical competence to influence and understand the solution context and approach and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested
- Prioritising and decision making skills by and have made good decisions/ judgements around business priorities and resource allocation.
Desirable: Knowledge and experience of one or more of:
- Product management best practice & methodologies
- Data querying and manipulation
- Marketing & Marketing technology
- Relational Databases
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.