The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Hybrid + Farringdon/Welwyn Garden City
Project Manager - Capacity Planning
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
You'll be joining Agile Product & Operations – a team charged with driving excellence in Technology, by building communities, developing best practice, and simplifying how we work. This role has an emphasis on planning, maximising the value of Quarterly Prioritisation processes which touches more than 10 Product functions. You'll collaborate closely with your Product Ops counterparts, driving effectiveness and creating the conditions for Product Management teams to do their best work. This is a critical role to enable and optimise our Quarterly Prioritisation process, sitting at the heart of Tesco Technology.
You will be responsible for
- Coordinate over 100 Tech Teams to manage our large-scale Quarterly Planning Process
- This includes creating the plan for the Quarterly Prioritisation process, setting, and presenting timeline, defining contributions required by stakeholders, running the Capacity Planning sessions to align demand and supply, analysing the data, and developing a set of quarterly plans highlighting work that looks viable for the upcoming quarter
- Use agile working principles to define, prioritise and execute iterative tests to optimise the Quarterly Planning process through workshops, retros, and a constant feedback loop
- Effectively manage relationships with many stakeholders at varying levels of seniority to ensure engagement needed to run process optimally and efficiently
- Have an ear to the ground in terms of emerging trends and ways of working within planning and Product Operations to support evolution of Product Operations Processes, working with a human-centred approach to ensure that our processes are as lean as possible
- Onboard new joiners to Tesco Technology to help them understand the Quarterly Prioritisation process and the role they will play so that they are able to participate effectively
- Collaborating with colleagues in the Agile Product & Operations Team in maturing Ops practice and coordinating cross-functional events
- Developing a stakeholder map and owning strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- Maintaining the departmental calendar, identifying relevant events to include, and highlighting risks of clashes
- Become a trusted and reliable partner to multidisciplinary stakeholders
You will need
- 2+ years with significant Project Management responsibilities e.g. Operations, Project Management, Programme Management, Delivery Management, Change Management etc
- Experience working independently in a fast-paced environment, navigating complexity to deliver valuable outcomes.
- Effectively working with a broad variety of business partners, including senior stakeholders.
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Aha! and Miro.
- Knowledge Agile and Product Management concepts / principles / practices.
- A self-starter with a passion for problem-solving and continuous improvements.
- A perfectionist with an eye for detail
- Phenomenal organisation skills to prioritise and supervise your own work
- Empathetic - putting people at the heart of what you do and the decisions you make
- Resilient in taking care of a large group of stakeholders’ ideas and opinions
- Integrity, energy, and sense of urgency to “make things happen”
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.