Senior UX Designer - Payment
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated Senior UX designer to help own the discovery and design of outstanding payment experiences, having a positive and tangible impact on millions of customers. You be responsible for driving innovation in the payment area, discovering opportunities and crafting intuitive and effortless solutions for online Tesco customers.
Our vision at Tesco is to offer customers Britain’s easiest shopping trip, whether they are shopping in-store or getting a delivery to their home. We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and innovative ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers, who is willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return, we offer a phenomenal and collaborative team, a lot of focus on work/life balance, an excellent benefit package, significant career development opportunities and the support needed to help you grow into the area you want to pursuit.
You will be responsible for
- Improve the payment experience for all online customers across web and app. For this, you will own projects from start to finish, while leading various UX initiatives, running design sprints, discovery, sketching, wireframing, low fidelity prototyping, and service/customer mapping.
- Partner with UX Researchers to understand and advocate for customer’s needs. Qualitative and quantitative data will be just some of the methods you will use to help advise your work.
- Deliver valuable, high-quality, and consistent work without sacrificing speed by working within our Digital Design System and its foundations, components, and patterns, working in collaboration with UI Designers for this.
- Collaborate with different fields by working very closely with UI Designers, UX Researchers, UX Copywriters, Service Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, Data Analysts, and Business Stakeholders to explore, build and deliver your designs.
- You will help other fields understand the value design can bring to a project and ultimately build the best products in a scalable way.
- Provide feedback to other designers to help strengthen the design team at Tesco as a whole, helping teammates and mentoring more junior designers grow their skills.
- Work with the Design Manager and other seniors to nurture a positive, encouraging, and inclusive team culture, always treating people with respect and adding to their knowledge.
You will need
- 4+ years commercial UX Design experience.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your expertise.
- Good presentation skills.
- Prior involvement in large design projects in a commercial environment.
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design).
- A good understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, journey mapping, wire-framing, prototyping, and user testing to achieve human-centred design solutions.
- Knowledge in native mobile and web applications.
- Experience collaborating closely with multiple subject areas including Product and Engineering.
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma and Miro.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.