Head of Product - Infrastructure
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance offered through Bupa
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance at 5x contractual pay
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
About the role
The Infrastructure Team underpins everything we do at Tesco Tech and we strive to simplify complexity by providing Platforms and Services that reduce the cognitive load on development teams. The Infrastructure Engineering team design, develop and operate all infrastructure used by Tesco Technology across our data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres. This encompasses multiple domains; private and public cloud, connectivity, end-user computing, CI/CD and monitoring toolkit. This includes both 3rd party and internally developed infrastructure applications and infrastructure that support the wider Tesco business.
You will be responsible for
As a Head of Product for IaP you will be building out fully automated Infrastructure so development teams can focus on their application. Building, running and motivating a dedicated global product team to deliver on your strategy, you will work with internal and external partners to identify and deliver on the right outcomes in this domain. Working side by side with your engineering counterparts, you will prioritize across your domain, resolving resource conflicts, and always putting the customer first.
- Creating a portfolio of Infrastructure Products from scratch
- Be a product leader that can develop those around you to raise the calibre of product signal throughout the org
- Define the Outcomes and Key Results for your product areas, and deliver value in slices for the customers, business, and colleagues.
- Nurturing a team of Product Managers to grow and flourish
- Roll modelling customer centricity
You will need
You will need
- To be passionate about Product thinking
- Experience and understanding of agile techniques to deliver products
- Experience shaping Products from the ground up
- The ability to empathise and Influence a diverse set of customers and stakeholders
- Experience of presenting optimally at CxO level
- To understand the value of Internal PaaS
- A broad understanding of Public and Private Cloud services
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.