The following content displays a map of the jobs location - DUNGANNON
Shift Leader - NightShift - Temporary - Dungannon
Job Reference tesco/TP/405/739542/1
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- 10% Discount Card increasing to 15% after every pay for a 4 day period
- Life assurance
- Retirement saving plan
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases
- Uniform provided
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
The shifts will vary from day to day including early and late starts but are planned in advance. You will also be required to work a set number of Sundays and/or Bank holidays which will be discussed this with you as part of our recruitment process. A minimum of 13 Sundays and or 4 Bank Holidays will be agreed with your Team Manager.
You will receive the appropriate premium payment for any hours worked on a Sunday and/or Bank Holiday.
You will be responsible for
As a Shift Leader, you will be working in a fast paced retail environment where no day is the same.
You will take ownership of store activities by running duty shifts, co-ordinating a team to deliver a clean and full store that exceeds customer expectations.
As the customer is at the heart of everything we do, you will be constantly looking for ways to improve service in your store through on the job coaching and feedback
You will have a great understanding of how your store is performing and be the expert in delivering practical actions for its improvement by taking a hands on approach.
With your guidance, your store will always remain a safe place to work and shop.
You will need
• You are able to role model giving great, natural customer service ensuring every customers needs are met
• Be able to build strong long lasting relationships with colleagues to create a team spirit, encouraging them to be at their best
• You are a clear communicator and use a variety of methods to keep the team well informed
• Be confident in taking the lead as at times you will be in charge of the store.
• You are flexible in the way you think, making decisions efficiently and handling change to ensure everything we do is right for customers and colleagues
• You have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectations and effectively balance priorities
• Always looking for ideas and opportunities to serve Britain’s shoppers a little better everyday.
We’re proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life to help improve and develop our team every day.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit the following link; https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school
Please note that we can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6am or after 10pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com