Senior Product Manager - Developer Portal
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Developer Portal should be the first point of call for Developers before, during and after their own teams SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle). Being the home of API references, the developer Portal should also address higher level topics to less technical audiences and provide clear explanations, examples, and tutorials on crucial and/or commonly misunderstood topics. It should also become a place to showcase the outstanding engineering we do by promoting colleagues' contributions.
Your customers will be our developers, but we should treat it as an external facing tool (as we might want to open it to the outside world in the future) and ensure that the quality and discoverability of the content are second to none.
As the Senior Product Manager for the Developer Portal, you will guide the portal capabilities from discovery through execution. You will focus on the need of your customers, fellow developers, to iteratively improve and enhance both the portal and the content hosted in it.
You will be responsible for
- Will proactively partner with peers and senior stakeholders to set the strategic direction of the Developer Portal as part of the wider business strategy
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for the Developer Portal and their pain points.
- Accountable for the performance/ adoption of the product and work towards achieving the Outcomes and Key Results (OKRs)
- Prioritise work and significantly resolve trade-offs with peers and senior leaders
- Optimally detail and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories with acceptance criteria and help the team in breaking down sophisticated work into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
- Steer sprint/release planning sessions by working with the engineering counterparts to plan sprints/releases that deliver maximum business value in the least effort
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product teams and engineering stakeholders
- Prioritise coordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently
- Provide leadership and direction to team on short-term tasks/near-term priorities
- Be the subject matter authority for Developer Portal building on my history of delivering value to customers within this product area
Key people and teams you work within and outside of Tesco
- Members of your Product team
- API producing product teams
- API consuming product teams
- Colleagues and technical stakeholders across Tesco
You will need
- Highly numerate and comfortable working with data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A methodical/ analytical approach and phenomenal problem-solving skills
- Attitude and the ability to learn new product area/domain quickly
- Phenomenal presentation and persuasion skills
- Standout colleague who can work collaboratively with other members of the team
- Ownership, responsiveness, and dedication towards assigned work
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills, especially when multiple trade-offs are involved, and faster decision are required
- Emotional intelligence and good listening skills to understand the needs/ pain points of your customers/stakeholders
- Excellent facilitation to effectively facilitate requirement gathering/elicitation sessions with senior business leaders/stakeholders
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, writing effective user stories/ acceptance criterion
- Understanding of User Research/ Design Thinking concepts
- Understanding of APIs and the art of the possible
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.