Lead Technical Programme Manager (Store Fulfilment)
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
About The Stores Fulfilment Programme
The Tesco Fulfilment operation is a recognised world leader across the retail industry in making sure that customers can always get the products they want whether in store or online. This is an amazing opportunity to deliver valuable impact at scale, by reducing our operating costs or to enable our ambitious growth plans through new propositions.
Our challenge is to create a strategic, scalable and user intuitive fulfilment platform to maximize and optimise resources and increase the end-to-end fulfilment efficiency. Delivering innovative step change and deploying new Technologies, including Automation, AI and Robotics.
We have an experienced and growing Product, Engineering and Programme technology function who are responsible for building the technology solutions needed to support and deliver the Store and Customer Fulfilment plan. We’re seeking a Lead Technical Programme Manager who is able to work with multiple Product and Engineering teams to deliver increased value from our Fulfilment Platforms now and for the future.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the immediate focus for this role will be to pick up the implementation of a significant automation solution. The following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Deliver complex programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan, focussing on unlocking business value
- Manage dependences across platform and technology teams to deliver transparency and visibility for key outcomes
- Able to foresee potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion and manage escalations
- Able to understand a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Have good knowledge of engineering best practices and practical infrastructure implementations to appreciate delivery challenges
- Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
- Effectively manage incidents, ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
- Conduct Post incident reviews, effectively communicate the output and follow up on the next steps
- Proactively identify problems, working closely with Product and engineering teams to quantify their impact and prioritise fixes
- Build positive relationships with supplier partners & external stakeholders to deliver software, co-ordinate rollouts or installations, or professional services
- Present Programme updates to Senior Director level stakeholders
You will need
Key Skills and Experience
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- A proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience
- Strong understanding and managing within an agile framework through the entire Software development Lifecycle
- The ability to influence without authority
- Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills
- Demonstrate resilience during incidents or change and continue delivery
- Understanding of agile techniques to deliver world beating products.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in the fulfilment industry and of implementing automation solutions.
- Flexibility to deliver in a 24x7 environment
- Ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.