Lead Product Manager – Identity and Access Management
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Lead Product Manager to join Tesco’s Identity and Access Management Team, part of the wider Security team. Our mission is to transform how Tesco provides seamless yet secure colleague access to the tools to do their job, through colleague-facing tools and services.
As Lead Product Manager, you will be responsible for working with your team to define and complete the vision and strategy for your company-strategic portfolio, which includes both access governance and colleague authentication. This role features a particular focus on how we can provide increasingly automated access for colleagues, whilst remaining in compliance with regulatory and audit obligations.
We are looking for a high-reaching individual who can demonstrate a passion for solving problems, working collaboratively, and accepting technology and change, whilst mentoring and supporting your Agile product management team, and having fun in the process.
You will be responsible for
- Have accountability for a sophisticated product domain, and drive product strategy, roadmap, and execution for that by leading a team of hardworking PMs.
- Accountable for identifying the key measures of success (OKRs) and the resulting performance / adoption of my product(s)
- Relentlessly seek to understand the needs and pains of your customers and stakeholders.
- Prioritise roadmaps and significantly resolve trade-offs with peers and senior leaders.
- Build and champion a phenomenal team of Product Managers, empowering them to perform beyond their own expectations, by removing barriers and crafting the right context for their success.
- Work alongside research, design, analytics, and engineering teams to craft and develop solutions to solve real business needs.
- Relentlessly measure and communicate value built to all stakeholders, all of the time.
- Work as part of a wider product team, with a culture for shared goals, helping where appropriate as required.
- Actively participate in recruiting, for your team and others across the organisation, to develop those around you and to raise the calibre of product signal throughout the organisation.
You will need
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies and strong technical experience
- Carrying out product management of APIs, or sophisticated data structures. Experience in cybersecurity, access management or identity is a plus!
- Strong line management experience with ability to build and lead a team of experienced product managers.
- Technically proficient to influence and understand the solution context and approach (legacy, tactical, strategic) and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested
- The ability to build strong working relationships with peers, stakeholders, and teams across the business. Able to demonstrate these relationships to build consensus, motivate change, and deliver value
- Experience of working in a sophisticated change environment which encompasses multiple product and engineering teams, both local and remote, to deliver enterprise-wide applications and features
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.