Senior Technical Product Manager - Infrastructure
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Infrastructure Engineering team design, develop and operate all infrastructure used by Tesco Technology across our data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres. This encompasses multiple domains; private and public cloud, connectivity, end-user computing, CI/CD and monitoring toolkit. This includes both 3rd party and internally developed infrastructure applications and infrastructure that support the wider Tesco business.
You will be responsible for
• Will evolve and drive the product vision, strategy, and the long-term roadmap
• Will proactively partner with peers and senior stakeholders to set the future direction of my product as part of the wider business strategy
• Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for the product and their pain points.
• Am accountable for the performance/ adoption of the product and work towards achieving the Outcomes and Key Results (OKRs)
• Prioritise work and decisively resolve trade-offs with peers and senior leaders
• Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories with acceptance criteria and help the team in breaking down complex work
into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
• Steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with the engineering counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort
• Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product teams and engineering stakeholders
• Prioritise coordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently
• Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team (s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
• Be the subject matter expert for X building on my history of delivering value to customers within this product area
You will need
• Technical Product Manager for Compute, experience of Public and Private Cloud a big plus: Specifically Azure, Vmware, K8s and Tanzu
• I engage with and am actively involved in market research, leveraging insights to
shape the vision and strategic direction of the product in line with business and
Technology goals and customer expectations.
• I am skilled in using various data types in different situations and know when to
use quantitative and/or qualitative data
• I am an expert in machine learning concepts and know how to leverage them to
• I understand large scale data platforms and how they can increase the scalability,
availability, performance, and security of my organisation’s data
• I understand the Product Management lifecycle, product delivery process and the
importance of an Agile mindset to discover, design, define, develop and deliver
small increments of the most important opportunities that will drive growth and
value for my product
• I understand the importance of using data to prioritise and adopting a consistent
approach to prioritisation
• I know how to use relevant tools to produce and update roadmaps for my product
• I understand the importance of a product roadmap in creating buy-in from
stakeholders and other teams
• I understand my business, including the key commercial drivers, business metrics
and performance indicators, and can play a part in the decision-making process.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.