Systems Engineer - Video & Voice
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Global Infrastructure Team design, develop and operate the Technology Infrastructure which underpins Tesco’s ability to serve customers and support colleagues. Our responsibilities span technologies across data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres and the global network which connects them. The global team is distributed across the UK, Central Europe, India and Asia.
You will be responsible for
The Systems Engineer (SE) will help shape and deliver the plan for Tesco’s voice and video systems globally, whilst ensuring the highest level of service availability.
- Help to define, scope, design and deliver voice and video platform requirements from across the business.
- Ensure new or changing services are handed seamlessly into service based on agreed and defined processes and standards.
- Work with and manage various third party partners to help deliver Tesco’s voice and video service globally to agreed standards and service levels.
- Supporting contract renegotiations where we choose to renew a service, or bringing your wider industry knowledge to the table to help propose new technologies that ensure Tesco’s voice and video infrastructure continues to meet the needs of colleagues into the future.
- Identify and eliminate Service / Operational risks ensuring our colleagues enjoy the best possible voice and video service, with minimal downtime.
- Participate in the regular review and continuous improvement of the voice and video service within Tesco, including capacity management, release management, and a drive towards common standards.
- Provide pro-active ownership of the voice and video service, addressing poorly trending KPI's, including working with third party partners to identify and resolve faults and open risks.
- Communicating with stakeholders and management to advise of any business impact, root cause, and remediation plan during service outages or degradation.
- Staying up to date with industry trends and developments in order to help shape future development of the voice and video platform.
You will need
- A strong grasp of voice and video technologies including; CISCO IP Telephony, Microsoft IM and Presence (Skype For Business / Teams), CISCO Telepresence, contact centre voice technologies (CISCO Cloud Contact Centre), voice and data networking, routing and switching, PSTN, ISDN, SIP, mobile technologies (4G, 3G, 2G networks).
- Experience operating in a multi-platform technology organisation with regular and consistent exposure to complex Technology
- Demonstrate experience of working in a fast paced environment as part of a geographically diverse team that provides best in class service whilst delivering a wide project portfolio.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills. Can consider the audience and tailor communications in a relevant and consistently effective manner. Both verbal and written.
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL processes - (ITIL foundation certificate / ITIL Managers Certificate desirable)
- If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.