Technical Project Manager (Customer & Loyalty)
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
If you love a challenge this one is for you. Evolving customer behaviour means customers expect more immediate and self lead options to support them when using Tesco products than ever before. Usage and adoption of our digital channels continuing to rise year on year, sharply amplified by recent global events, influencing how customers interact and do business with us.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Technical Project Manager to be involved in facing into these challenges, focusing effort through a unified & coordiniated digital self-service strategy across Tesco’s digital assets.
You will be working closely with Business and Technology teams to shape the next chapter for Tesco’s Digital Self Serve Landscape. You must be comfortable with ambiguity, and skilled at shaping programmes from early inception and then taking them through to delivery.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Deliver programmes with business and/or technical risks
- Optimise or use a standard programme delivery methodology for delivering programme goals (e.g. agile, waterfall, iterative)
- Bring together, coordinate and energise virtual technology teams to deliver programme goals
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan
- Understand trade-offs and resulting impacts; make impacts visible to Product, Infrastructure or Engineering for the right decision to be made
- Managing dependencies, delivery timelines and implementations plans, using my knowledge of technical architecture
- Appreciating and responding to delivery challenges, using my knowledge of engineering best
- practices and/or infrastructure implementations
- Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
- Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services
- Coach peers and other roles, teaching where required, on methodologies and programme management tools
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You will need
Key Skills and Experience
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
An ideal candidate must have demonstrated below key skills in their current and past roles:
- Have a proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or infrastructure projects; having done so across multiple teams in multiple geographies
- Previous experience working on technical online projects/programmes is desirable but not essential
- Have experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior management & leadership teams
- Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills
- Strong vendor management and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional reporting skills for programs and financial forecasting
- Excellent communication & influencing skills and adoptability to changes
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
- Demonstrate resilience during change and continue delivery
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.