Product Manager - Communication Devices
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Our vision is to enable colleagues to consume, share and communicate efficiently through a seamless experience. The Product Manager is responsible for the operational communications platform which our store colleagues use to do their job. This includes their ability to collaborate on operational information as well as which device they can consume and share communications on. All elements are key in creating a better connected and more efficient workforce that can serve our customers, communities and planet a little better every day. The role will ensure our operational communication platform and communication devices deliver against our strategic outcomes. The successful candidate will work closely with stakeholders across the business as well as Product Managers in People Transformation, Data Analytics, UX and Engineering. Time will also be spent within our stores understanding the needs of our colleagues and getting feedback on product development initiatives.
You will be responsible for
- Have ownership of a Product involving multiple internal/ external stakeholders and drive the Product strategy & execution for it
- Engage with my stakeholders to formulate the vision, strategy and long-term roadmap for my product and execute it well by constantly managing my stakeholders expectations, working through dependencies across multiple products/ teams
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for my product and their pain points really well
- Understand and demonstrate all of the features of my product to different audiences within and outside of my immediate product team
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
- Work with multiple vendors to prioritise their backlog with our requirements
- Engage our vendors to ensure they are aware of our roadmap and ensure they can support us without being the bottle neck
- Accountable for the performance & adoption of my product and work towards increasing it
- Lead discovery work around minimum viable product (MVP) for any new product/feature, collaborating with user experience (UX) and engineering teams to prototype and validate the MVP
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team (s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
- Monitor competitor activity and overseas market trends
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and engineering stakeholders
- Provide support and coaching to junior Product Managers as well as peers
- Effectively presented the vision, roadmap, key KPIs and execution plans (release/ sprint plans) for my product
- Driven experiments against defined hypotheses, created MVPs towards robust data-driven decisions on product improvements and their influence on product performance indicators
- Prioritise, coordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently
You will need
Skills relevant for the job
- A methodical and analytical approach, great problem-solving skills and can provide logical answers to complex problems.
- Used good prioritisation techniques to refine & groom your feature backlog regularly.
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Great presentation & persuasion skills
- Team Player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team.
- Numerate and confident handling data
Experience relevant for this job
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice & methodologies.
- Proven success of having managed a complex product that led to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders
- Understand User Research/ Design Thinking concepts and applied those for your product work.
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools & Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management.
- Knowledge and experience of software development methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge and experience of API development and optimisation
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.