The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City/London
Product Manager - Customer Data
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
About the Team:
Data Product team builds and manages Tesco’s big data and analytical data platforms. They work across all the business domains – Customer, Finance, Supply Chain, Commercial etc and are responsible to ensure core data availability on the platform for data science, analytics and reporting requirements.
About The Role – Product Manager
As a Product manager - Data, you are responsible for a set of complex and company strategic products within data portfolio and would drive product strategy, roadmap and execution for those.
You will be responsible for
- Have complete ownership of a data domain within a data portfolio and involving multiple internal/ external stakeholders and drive the Product strategy and execution for that area
- Formulate the vision, strategy and roadmap for the set of product you own in the portfolio (product mix, new products, retirement of old products), and work with others in aligning the strategic priorities, dependencies and roadmap across the product portfolio
- Plan and co-ordinate significant product efforts that have dependencies on multiple product and engineering teams
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for the product and their pain points well
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
- Accountable for the performance/ adoption of the product and work towards achieving the Outcomes and Key Results (OKRs)
- Identify and drive improvements to the way in which product performance and service levels are measured to ensure product quality, reliability and security
- Lead discovery work around a minimum viable product (MVP) for any new product/ feature, collaborating with engineering teams to prototype and validate a MVP
- Help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team(s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
- Are accountable for the performance/ adoption of my product and work towards increasing it
You will need
Key Skills and Experience
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Carrying out product management of complex products, and have a clear understanding of managing domain boundaries
- Experience delivering data products for a large organisation in coordination with the engineering, analysts and business functions teams
- A methodical/ analytical approach and great problem-solving skills
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly
- Team player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team
- Ownership, responsiveness and commitment towards assigned work
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills, especially when multiple trade-offs are involved and faster decision are required
- Empathy and good listening skills to understand the needs/ pain points of your customers/ stakeholders
- Excellent facilitation to effectively facilitate requirement gathering/elicitation sessions with senior business leaders/ stakeholders
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, writing effective user stories/ acceptance criterions
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation
- Build & nurture a great team of APMs, PMs for your product portfolio
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.