Senior UX Designer - Inspire & Choose
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior UX designer to help own the discovery and design of outstanding our Inspire and Choose experiences, having a positive and tangible impact on millions of customers.
As we’ve all learned over the past few years, ensuring people have easy access to food can’t be taken for granted. You’ll be responsible for discovering opportunities and crafting intuitive and effortless solutions that inspire and advise customers on their shopping journey.
About the team
Our vision at Tesco is to offer customers Britain’s easiest shopping trip, whether they are shopping in-store or getting a delivery to their home (or wherever they might be).
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and innovative ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; committed, creative, collaborative people willing to take the initiative and help drive us forwards. In return we offer amazing design opportunities at huge scale, a phenomenal diverse team, great work/life balance, an excellent benefit package, with significant career development opportunities.
Tesco is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. To facilitate this, we actively promote a culture of inclusivity internally and encourage those from all backgrounds to apply for opportunities with us. Additionally, we routinely review our hiring practices to eliminate bias in the hiring process.
If you need assistance or accommodation during the hiring process due to a disability please just ask.
You will be responsible for
- Improve the Inspire and Choose experience. You’ll own projects from start to finish, while leading various UX initiatives including running design sprints, discovery, sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and service/customer mapping
- Partner with UX researchers to help your team develop empathy for our customers and advocate for their needs. Qualitative and quantitative data will be just some of the methods you will use to help advise your work
- Deliver valuable, high-quality and consistent work without sacrificing speed by using our Digital Design System and its standardised foundations, components and patterns
- Collaborate with different fields. You will work closely with UI designers, UX researchers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, and business partners to explore, build and deliver your designs.
- You will help other fields understand the value design can bring to a project and ultimately build the best products
- Provide feedback to other designers to help strengthen your team and Tesco as a whole. You will help your teammates build context, strong decision-making skills, and insight for our customers
- Line manage other UX designers and help them with the learning and development
- Work with the design lead and other seniors to nurture a positive, encouraging and inclusive team culture
You will need
- 5+ years commercial UX design experience
- A strong, well-curated portfolio demonstrating your expertise
- Prior involvement in high-profile design projects in a commercial environment
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design)
- A good understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, journey mapping, wire-framing, prototyping, and user testing to achieve human-centred design solutions
- Proficiency in interaction design for native mobile and web applications
- Experience collaborating closely with multiple subject areas including product and engineering
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Miro, etc.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.