Lead Product Manager - Payroll & Reporting
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Are you an expert Product Manager looking for your next opportunity? Well, we have an exciting opportunity available for a Lead Product Manager to join our Payroll & Reporting team in the People Technology Programme responsible for Work & Pay, our People Payroll Solutions at Tesco which together will pay over a quarter of a million colleagues every four weeks!
Working within the Technology function, you will lead a team to support the design, development and build of the Payroll/Reporting requirements within the HR/Payroll solution adhering to Tesco Policies and Procedures and ensuring legislative compliance.
Supporting our Colleagues, People Partners, Line Managers and key team members, this role is key in driving continuous improvement within the product. Working alongside our core BAU team, your team will also support with prioritising of the backlog and defects in what is a fast-paced role to ensure our solutions continue to align with the business.
Working in partnership with your engineering & testing Technology colleagues, this role will enable you to make a real difference in developing a superb product, shaping the future roadmap and helping to deliver a leading product to the end user.
You will be responsible for
- Crafting and driving forward Payroll & Reporting product vision
- Defining the strategy and road-map alongside BAU team to make clear priority decisions and recommendations for both Payroll and Reports & Analytics solutions across the business
- Write detailed product requirements, taking into account constraints, protecting the out of the box product from customisations.
- Working closely engineering and testing teams to develop a first class product and use data to drive decisions and measure the effectiveness of the outcome in terms of value to the customer and / or internal user.
- Pro-actively growing your knowledge by researching the market, suggesting innovative solutions and ideas to business problems.
- Be a fabulous line manager, ensuring my team is developed and supported to reach their full potential, leading by example, and driving a culture of continuous growth and improvement.
- Handle conflicting priorities well, communicate clearly
- Drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, hard working, and vocal team
- Work across the larger Product teams as a leader to share knowledge, support their growth and to nurture talent.
You will need
- Subject matter expertise in Payroll (preferable) and/or Reports & Analytics
- Strong experience of leading HR/Payroll products like Oracle HCM or other Cloud solutions and it’s supporting technologies
- Strong communication, listening, influencing and leadership skills.
- Superb partner leadership skills, ability to engage with a range of technical and non-technical team members.
- A proven understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Visio).
- A methodical and analytical approach, phenomenal problem-solving skills and ability to provide logical answers to sophisticated problems.
- Strong experience in developing/ managing a product
- Great presentation abilities and can present ideas/ thoughts/ plans with customers with transparency and confidence
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.