Senior UI Designer - In-Store Customer & Tills
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We are looking for a Senior UI designer to join the in-store customer design and research team to help craft the future of in-store shopping for millions of customers.
You’ll be joining a collaborative multidisciplinary team of designers and researchers to identify and craft solutions to improve the customer and colleague experience.
Your remit will extend beyond just the interface; you’ll be involved in the whole experience, from new hardware selection through to the influence roll out plans.
You will contribute to the best practices and quality standards to establish a single, consistent experience of our digital products and services. Your work will have a positive and tangible impact on millions of customers.
You’ll work with other members of the multidisciplinary delivery team to bring expertise in interaction and UI design practice and techniques.
You will be responsible for
- Working within small, agile delivery teams to help design, develop and improve the customer experience for new technologies, helping craft the future of in-store shopping.
- Coordinate and maintain the In store Tesco design system and language and evolve its maturity through developing appropriate processes, documentation and systems which enable our design teams to not only use it but also contribute to its development
- Documentation of new design rules, patterns, systems, style guides and interaction guides. To enable other teams to move more quickly with confidence.
- Set an example for quality and effectiveness of solutions and challenge other team members to maintain a similar high bar
- Develop and present creative concepts to members of the design community and business partners, their visual implementation and the design rationale used to address user needs with the support of multiple research methodologies.
- Work autonomously to follow and supply to a culture of excellence, understanding how your work fits in and evolves the design patterns in the larger organisation, documenting the design process and working files for cross-team usage through use of and contribution to common libraries and information resources.
- Understandability of new design rules, trends, patterns, systems, brand guidelines and interaction guides, and how to recognise new design system opportunities to help improve the UI practice.
- Stay connected with product strategy and backlog priorities, understanding how your work impacts customer needs and business objectives.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to UI designers to help them achieve their best and drive consistent excellence across enterprise interfaces
- Work with the engineering teams to understand the technical requirements to deliver the best customer experience
You will need
- Exceptional UI design skills (including interaction design) proven with a strong portfolio
- High level of proficiency with the latest versions of Figma, Sketch, and Zeplin, along with good knowledge of the latest multi-channel design and prototyping tools and technologies.
- Experienced working with design systems and brand guidelines.
- Proficiency at designing intuitive graphical interfaces for web, across multiple devices and screen sizes. Proficiency at designing native Android software is an advantage.
- Knowledgeable in producing design executions that align with W3C accessibility guidelines. Knowledge of typography and its use in interactive contexts.
- Experience of working on design projects using agile methodologies.
- Good knowledge of how digital interfaces are developed, knowing how to produce clean deliverables that help maintain good code. Coding knowledge is an advantage.
- Experience in producing interactive prototypes to test creative concepts and ideas, ranging from simple click-through prototypes to sophisticated micro-interactions.
- Experience in participating in user testing and research sessions.
- Previous experience in the retail sector is an advantage.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.