The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Product Manager - JML (Joiner, Mover, Leaver)
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We are looking for a new Product Manager to join our growing team. Are you a currently working in Product and take a methodical approach to work and have an excellent attention to detail? Have you led a team to success before or have aspirations to do so? Well if so, we have an exciting position at Tesco, and we would love to hear from you!
You will balance outstanding delivery time for customers on what matters. We would be looking for someone prepared to become an authority in their field and act as the first layer of Management for people and Projects.
The Product Manager - JML is an integral part of the colleague transformation programme and is responsible for delivering ‘outstanding’ end user experience of the Core HR and Joiner, Mover and Leaver journeys.
As a Product Manager, you are experienced in product management practice having guided multiple product enhancements from inception through to implementation and optimisation. You have ownership for a large product that involve multiple internal/ external partners, and you drive product strategy, roadmap and the execution for them.
You will be responsible for
- Create and drive forward JML product vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Identify key relationships, engage and build rapport to understand their "Jobs To Be Done".
- Discover, lead and prioritise JML requirements for new Tesco HCM solution using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests
- Validate JML requirements are relevant for future waves and releases.
- Build, maintain and be responsible for the product backlog for the agreed requirements
- Work with programme and technology teams to progress product backlog through Tesco Flow methodology and sprint/ release planning sessions to deliver maximum business value
- Understand and demonstrate all of the features of my product to different audiences within and outside of my immediate product team
- Provide support and mentor to junior Product Managers as well as peers
- Driven experiments against defined hypotheses, build MVPs towards robust data-driven decisions on product improvements and their influence on product performance indicators
- Prioritise coordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently
You will need
- A methodical and analytical approach, great problem-solving skills and can provide logical answers to sophisticated problems.
- Used good prioritisation techniques to refine & groom your product backlog regularly.
- Attitude and the ability to learn new product area/domain quickly.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Great presentation & persuasion skills
- Act as a standout colleague who will work collaboratively with other members of the team
Experience relevant for this job
- Prior experience with leading HCM cloud solutions like Oracle HCM cloud and Zellis HCM cloud.
- Understanding of a typical Software Development Lifecycle and how software products are built
- A theoretical knowledge of Product management.
- Prior experience in developing/ managing a product (optional)
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools & Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management.
- Requirements gathering experience and requirement prioritisation skills is critical.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.