Associate Digital Analyst
About the role
About The Product Analytics & Optimisation Team
The Product Analytics and Experimentation team sits within the Data & Analytics directorate in the Technology department. Our mission is to deliver insightful and actionable data through reporting, analysis, and experimentation; with a focus on establishing best-practice processes and enabling data-driven decision making across all supported product teams. The Tesco Groceries & Clubcard app and store self-checkout tills are amongst the digital products supported by our team.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading e-commerce business.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
At Tesco, you’ll find a world-class data environment with the Tesco Analytics Platform – all of our analytics, sales and customer data in one place. Our team offers unparalleled opportunities to gain fantastic big data analytics experience while working extremely closely with the key decision-makers in the business.
Joining us means playing a part in defining, building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Collaborate with Product Managers and UX leads to identify and understand their data needs, and help translate business challenges into questions and analysis, in order to make product recommendations with colleagues and customers at the heart.
- Help define business objectives/customer needs by capturing the right requirements from the right customers, and challenging assumptions.
- Participate in and contribute to setting objectives and goals for the Product teams you support and help measure these.
- Perform deep-dive analyses using a variety of data-capture and mining tools (Hadoop, Alteryx, Adobe Analytics), and communicate findings and opportunities to Product teams.
- Create, maintain and automate monitoring and analysis dashboards using visualisation tools (Tableau).
- Create ad-hoc data visualisations following Tesco best-practice.
- Learn new analytics techniques and tools rapidly and put these skills into practice.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
Key Skills and Experience
- Working effectively with a variety of people from different backgrounds and with different levels of data literacy.
- Explaining complicated information to stakeholders in relatable terms – you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- The ability to influence without authority, maintaining cross-functional relationships.
- Maintaining commercial and customer awareness in your work.
- Ideally, experience of accessing data using SQL and digital analytics platforms (e.g. Adobe Analytics / Google Analytics).
- Relevant experience in a quantitative disciple, or a similar university degree
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter.
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop online, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily. It's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.