The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Purfleet
HGV Driver - Thurrock
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
Our benefits include but aren't limited to:
- 10% Discount Card
- A subsidised canteen providing a variety of hot and cold food options
- Fixed shift patterns so you know when you're working
- Life assurance - 5 x your contractual pay
- 45 minute paid break
To learn about more of the benefits we offer click here
For more information about the role please contact 07599200776 or alternatively email DC.Recruitmenthub@Tesco.com
About the role
HGV driver rate £14.98 increasing to £18.71 for nights and £22.45 overtime.
At Tesco we’re always delivering. Not just for our customers but for you, too. That’s why on top of the great benefits we already offer, all HGV drivers at Tesco will now be given an additional payment of up to £50 / week (pro rata) between 6th February 2022 through to 30th April 2022*
- This will be paid in May as a lump sum and will be subject to tax and NI deductions
All HGV drivers will receive a paid 45-minute break while on shift.
You will be responsible for
- Professionally representing the Tesco brand whilst on UK roads
- Ensuring our products reach our stores on time and in good condition
- Being out on the road but also working collaboratively with colleagues and representing Tesco to everyone you meet
- Driving safely, responsibly and within the law
- Collecting as well as delivering, supporting your distribution centre by moving trailers and keeping vehicles fuelled
You will need
- To be passionate about delivering great customer service
- Friendly, approachable and reliable
- Able to adhere to WTD and EU Drivers Hours
- To become a Tesco Driver, you'll need a full HGV 1 (C+E) EU license with no more than six penalty points, needs a valid DQC and a Driver Card.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
Working in Distribution.
A store is only as good as the stock on its shelves. It’s essential that our distribution network is as good as it can be, because anything less than perfect means unhappy customers.
Fortunately, as leaders in logistics management, we are up to the task. Using the latest technology, we transport 60 million cases of goods to 3,000 stores every week.