This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
Alongside a fantastic work life balance, we offer excellent benefits that help make The Cafe a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Retirement savings plan - 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution
- Life Assurance - 1 x contractual pay
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts: -
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco (from April 2020)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform provided
- Holiday starting at 28 days (Including Bank Holidays)
About the role
We’re now on the lookout for an efficient, enthusiastic Cook / Chef who's looking for a job which offers a great work life balance.
Our kitchens are fast paced so it can be challenging, although shifts go quickly when your cooking mouth-watering food for our dedicated Tesco shoppers!
If you’re a Cook / Chef who would like a job with no late nights or long weekends and are passionate about food, this may be the job for you!
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Cooking to spec and knowing the menu inside out
- Helping to ensure a full shift runs efficiently
- Ensuring the team have everything they need to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
- Prioritising a high volume of order tickets
- Making outstanding quality food that is ‘picture perfect’ every time
- Prepping in advance to get our dishes out in 10 minutes or less!
- Being a champion of brand standards
- Responsible for maintaining the highest cleanliness and health & safety standards
You will need
- To be 18 years of age or older.
- Experience working as a Cook, Assistant Cook, Chef or Chef de Partie
- To be efficient and have a high level of attention to detail
- To be skilled using kitchen equipment including grills and fryers
- Experience cooking and preparing food in a kitchen with a high volume of orders
- To take pride in delivering good looking, tasty dishes every time
- Some work with specs & brand standards in a commercial kitchen
- Level 2 in Health & Safety and Food Hygiene is a bonus
With 315 Cafes across the country and counting, our teams work closely to make sure that customers experience is to the best standards and service; no two days are ever the same! Tesco Cafes are a great place to work, with a genuine family feel - truly a Place to Get On.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco Café where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. In our Cafes, we not only celebrate diversity, but we strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business and we would love to hear from you!
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.