The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Technology Risk & Compliance Manager
Job Reference tesco/TP/11428279/720857
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Technology Risk and Compliance team is leading the way Tesco Technology manage their risks. We are responsible for identifying, tracking and supporting the management of risks across Technology. The team also manages the interfaces between Technology, Group Risk, International Compliance teams, internal and external audit.
You will be responsible for
- Lead, plan and conduct technology risk assessments across the Group
- Maintain the risk register to ensure it remains relevant and up to date
- Support the refinement of the Technology Risk and Compliance framework
- Advise technology teams in the design and implementation of controls.
- Track the status of both internal and external audit findings
- Monitor compliance with key controls
- Report on progress to Technology senior management and other key stakeholders
- Support Technology colleagues with queries relating to risk and compliance
You will need
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- IT audit/risk management, with examples of managing risk and compliance within an organisation
- Performing technical assessments and identifying Technology risks by applying business, technical and industry knowledge
- Critically assessing Technology practices such as capacity, availability and service level management, recommending improvements where necessary
- Communicating effectively to build and maintain transparent relationships with stakeholders (including Senior Management), clearly expressing ideas and concepts both verbally and in writing to effectively handle sensitive issues
- Critical thinking with strong attention to detail and follow up
- Technically competent to contribute towards the preparation and implementation of control processes, procedures and guidelines within Technology, in conjunction with company policies
- Leading, planning and conducting interviews to perform Technology risk assessments and gain an understanding of the area being reviewed
Documenting processes and key controls, highlighting risks and issues as well as suggesting improvements to match business processes and rules, reducing cost where possible
KPI and audit finding tracking, compiling and reporting with a proven ability to understand and process and interpret analytical data
- Supporting engagements with internal and external audit, to ensure their success
- At least one professional qualification such as CISA, CRISC, CISM or CISSP are essential
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.