Head of Service & Operations - Infrastructure Service Management
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance offered through Bupa
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance at 5x contractual pay
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
About the role
The Head of Service Management is fully accountable for defining the Service Management strategy, its agile implementation for Infrastructure and ongoing execution. You will be part of the Infrastructure Service & Operations management team. As an effective leader and strategic thinker, you set a clear direction for our globalised Service Management Processes and ensure these are prioritised and adopted in stages by all relevant teams. For our day-to-day service, you ensure that we report on our performance to different technology and business functions and continuously improve our services You are a key stakeholder for the tools supporting service management and measure their efficiency and usage. You build strong relationships with wider stakeholders who consume the services Infrastructure provides As a budget holder, you are responsible for the commercial aspects of your team, and managing all associated resources.
You will be responsible for
- Represent the Service Management team within Technology and Infrastructure
- Multiple Service Management processes and understand how to design and introduce new processes that meet Tesco's needs and delivers value outcomes.
- Set strategy at a service level which interprets business requirements into clear KPI's with aligned SLA's
- Build and maintain high performance teams capable of delivering an excellent customer service through improved responsiveness, communication, professionalism and knowledge of our technical services.
- Build strong relationships within Technology, wider business teams and external suppliers to set the service agenda and strategy.
- Influence and drive the technology teams that are accountable to deliver Services from the functional area.
- Define and implement Service Processes for a functional area of technology including (but not restricted to) Change, Incident, Problem and Change and their co-existence with Agile and Devops concepts
- Support shift-left and automation for Service & Operations
- Drive the adoption and compliance of the Service Processes
- Ensure accurate and effective measurement and reporting of Service Key Performance Indicators, Service Trends and performance against Service Level Agreements.
- Lead the agenda for the necessary toolsets that allow for the measurement of Service Metrics.
- Technical documentation and review of operational risks within the functional area.
- Accountable for a functional wide Service Improvement Plan.
- Spend time with external stakeholders to report on the service which they receive.
- Responsible for the resourcing, performance, development and funding of the team.
- Keep up to date with services and retail industry trends and innovations
- Strategic thinker, setting a clear direction for your department, empowering your colleagues to deliver the vision
- A leader in your field, you inspire others
- Company ambassador
- Keeping up to date with service operations and retail industry trends and innovations
- Building strong networks and establish NWT's across multiple different Technology / Business areas.
- Strategic thinker and setting a clear direction for department, empowering colleagues to deliver the vision
- Leader in your field and inspire others
- Influencing stakeholders to deliver step changes
- Balances a range of stakeholders with conflicting views, aligning opinions for a positive outcome
- My extensive colleague and agency networks and relationships with recognised industry bodies contribute to the performance of my team and Tesco.
- Engage whole teams/functions through effective communication skills to deliver key messages
- Frames and communicates complex and difficult messages tailoring for the audience
- Identify a range of negotiating and influencing techniques to align and engage stakeholders at the highest level.
- Able to have challenging and difficult conversations when required
Commercial and Supplier Relationships
- Involved in complex financial processes such as Investment Approval Group and Tech Approval Group and may manage multiple budgets and taxes at an international level.
- Drive and are involved in Requests for Proposal and involve or lead on contractual negotiation.
- Providing a framework for supplier management
You will need
- Service & Operations in a global, distributed environment
- ITIL or Lean Six Sigma certification
- People Management
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Defining & implementing strategies
- Analytically strong
- Excellent Influencing skills
- Broad technical knowledge in a variety of platforms and systems relating to Service Management
Additional experience relevant for this role:
- Working experience in Service Management role in corporate environment
- Experience of working with ITIL standards in a large corporate environment
- Experience building and leading a team with direct line management accountabilities
- Experience of successfully deploying change within cross functional or external teams globally distributed
- Experience of working with suppliers
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.