The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Senior Technical Programme Manager
Job Reference tesco/TP/11428279/720558
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance offered through Bupa
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance at 5x contractual pay
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
About the role
As a Senior Technical Programme Manager, you will deliver highly complex, cross-functional technology programmes that support colleagues and help serve our customers better. They work collaboratively, influence senior Product, Engineering and business colleagues and lead the programme to deliver value quickly and often.
In Infrastructure the STPM will lead in particular transformational programs which takes us from a current “as-is” to a future “to-be”. We expect our STPM to be able to cover the complete program lifecycle from defining the strategy and vision over the implementation plan to execution and delivery focusing on quality, time and cost. The role requires a strong combination of relevant technology skills paired with program management and leading judgement/influencing capabilities.
You will be responsible for
- Provide expert advice and guidance on programme delivery (mentoring other TPMs and supporting Engineering/Product teams)
- Regular team meetings and one to ones with TPMs (Product Managers are taking part in these meetings too)
- Working on resource management process to ensure the team has got skills and resource capacity to deliver the programme
- Working on workplace practices and their adoption across the product, programme, engineering and service areas
You will need
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Programme Management
- Communicating and Influencing
- Finance / Budget Management
KEY PEOPLE I WORK WITH
- Product managers, Software and Systems Engineers
- Colleagues & business stakeholders
- Suppliers & 3rd parties
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.