IT Support Analyst - Exec Support
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Infrastructure Engineering team design, develop and operate all infrastructure used by Tesco Technology across our data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres. This encompasses multiple domains; private and public cloud, connectivity, end-user computing, CI/CD and monitoring toolkit. This includes both 3rd party and internally developed infrastructure applications and infrastructure that support the wider Tesco business.
Key activities include:
- Designs, develops and operates the Infrastructure platforms that allow development teams and business colleagues to consume infrastructure.
- Designs, develops and operates the automation to allow Infrastructure platforms to be consumed in a controlled, auditable and repeatable manner.
- Setting the strategy, objectives and high-level plans for infrastructure.
- Works with development teams to collaborate in creating appropriate infrastructure solutions.
- Evaluating partners, software and hardware and finding the right mix to deliver the strategy.
- Driving innovation at Tesco through infrastructure transformation.
- Defining and overseeing standards and simplification across the estate.
- Designing, delivering and operating new and re-usable infrastructure solutions.
The Infrastructure team are supporting both the current Infrastructure and also the work required to continue the transformation of Tesco Technologies Infrastructure to modern platforms that can be easily consumed through self-service APIs, automatically handle failures and use best of breed modern technologies.
You will be responsible for
Provide day-to-day on-site support at Tesco head office and work out of other locations when required:
- Support the Exec Team and Senior Leadership Team with their technology needs, ensuring they can work effectively with as minimum disruption as possible.
- Provision and support Apple and Android mobile devices, Windows and Apple laptops.
- Own and manage issues through to resolution, collaborating with other Technology teams (e.g., Workplace, Information Security), and where required escalate to the Exec Support Manager.
- Work independently whilst maintaining a high level of collaboration with other Exec Support members.
- Ensure that Exec Support KPIs and SLAs are adhered to.
- Input into the Exec Support roadmap, helping to improve the service where possible
- Participate in the Exec Support on-call rota (additional renumeration).
- Work with other members of the Exec Support Team to deliver on-site support 5 days a week.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy in all dealings with the Execs.
Support meetings for the Exec:
- Work closely with the Events team to deliver support for Exec events.
- Engage with the third parties that are contracted to deliver Events (e.g. broadcasts).
- Assist with setting up and joining meetings and teleconferences (Teams, Cisco, Webex, Zoom).
- Collaborate with other technology teams (AV, Networks, Meeting Room Support) on testing for large events.
Ensure sufficient stock levels for support and device life cycle management:
- Manage the inventory for the Exec Team, ensuring there is good availability.
- Raise purchase orders as required.
- Maintain and update inventories of all hardware provided to the Exec Team.
- Rotate devices as per lifecyle management rules.
You will need
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Supporting executives and board members in a global enterprise.
- Excellent customer service skills together with a calm and methodical approach.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills. You will be able to consider the audience and tailor communications in a relevant and consistently effective manner. Both verbal and written.
- Exact attention to detail.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows 10, Office 365 Suite, iOS, Android, printers, security tooling (AV, proxy etc), remote control tools, and all commonly used desktop peripherals.
- Education to degree level or able to offer the equivalent in terms of professional training and experience.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter.
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.