Head of Product – Price & Promotion Engine
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance offered through Bupa
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance at 5x contractual pay
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
About the role
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, in store, on the move … anywhere in their world. With our outstanding physical and digital assets and a high-reaching investment programme, we strive to become the world's best multi-channel retailer.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation, evolving our product development process and redefining our technology to become the world’s leading e-commerce business.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers. We want hard-working and passionate individuals willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return, we offer a huge challenge, strong support, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
The Pricing & Promotion Engine forms part of the Tesco’s Price platform which in turn powers all of the colleague and customer pricing and checkout transactions at Tesco.
You will be responsible for
As Head of Product Management for Price & Promotion Engine, you will synthesize the global vision for pricing and promotion capabilities, along with their intersection into loyalty and customer rewards at Tesco across all in store physical and digital experiences, globally. Building, running and motivating a dedicated global product team to deliver on your strategy, you will work with internal and external partners to identify and deliver on the right outcomes in this domain. Working side by side with your engineering counterparts, you will prioritize across your domain, resolving resource conflicts, and always putting the customer first.
- Reporting into the Head of Product - Flexible Price & Promotions Platform, be responsible for the global product strategy and roadmap delivering value into experiences and across systems within the pricing and promotion domain at Tesco for the physical and digital touchpoints (ecommerce, stores, commercial operations, etc).
- Strive to maturity and continue to iterate to agreed outcomes, a multi-tenanted, global suite of services/APIs at scale that power the store and online experiences. You will be responsible for safeguarding price and promotions data across 5 countries with their ecommerce websites and 4,000+ stores.
- Innovate with our data scientists to apply machine learning/artificial intelligence for elasticity and demand forecasting across channels and customer dimensions.
- Be the primary go-to resource for all matters relating to the core engine of Pricing and Promotion, and articulation of how this capability is used throughout the company. Engage key stakeholders across Tesco, such as the teams crafting commercial product tools, as well as customer proposition, operations, and business development teams - define the right strategy for each of our regions.
- Define the Outcomes and Key Results for your product areas, and deliver value in slices for the customers, business, and colleagues.
- Co-ordinate the development through each stage of the product life cycle, including end of life for legacy systems. Balance resources and investments to improve the value delivered.
- Be a product leader that can develop those around you to raise the calibre of product signal throughout the org.
- Actively participate in recruiting, for your team and others across the organisation.
You will need
- Articulating a sophisticated product strategy in terms of consumer and business value
- Experience and understanding of agile techniques to deliver world-beating API products
- Experience leading and developing high-performance product management teams. Experience managing at least 5 direct reports
- Experience handling multiple products through all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Thinking at a conceptual level across a number of systems and platforms for comprehensive user experiences and data handling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to articulate sophisticated concepts to a diverse audience
- Experience of presenting optimally at CxO level
- The ability to influence without authority
- Bachelors degree or proven experience required
- Desirable to have solid understanding and experience of high-volume transactional businesses (payments, retail, finance, adtech, etc)
- Desirable experience in Pricing, Promotions, Personalisation and Rewards Management products
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.