The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Hybrid + Farringdon/Welwyn Garden City
Senior UX Designer - Technology Change
Job Reference tesco/TP/12170810/716407
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
You are a subject matter authority on User centred design principles and expert user of design software. You will lead the user experience on large projects. You are able to run design sprints from gathering requirements, identify results, coordinate and run workshops, engage and handle stakeholders, and lead a multi-disciplined project team. You need to have a strong understanding of other fields to deliver the project. You are able to present with confidence and are known within the design community.
You will be responsible for
- Ensure dedicated focus on human centered design that always meet our user needs that serve our users a little better every day
- Ensure user requirements are defined and encourage the Engineering team to develop the right product delivering value to our users and business.
- Own all UX process activities end-to-end crafting effortless user experience journey maps, process blue-print, flows and low fidelity prototypes
- Outline team goals, objectives, expectations for the project & help plan tasks
- Ensure teams effectively identify and understand the user needs and opportunities are evidence based
- Build low-fidelity prototypes to show and demonstrate interactions and concepts for UI designers
- Collaborate with all design & delivery subject areas to build & improve user experience and outcomes that are in-line with our design principles
- Proficient and creative use of the design system / library and ensuring UI design pattern follows the Tesco Digital Design System
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and subject areas within the organisation.
- Work in partnership with Product Managers, Researchers and Engineering to align design vision and activities with our business goals.
- Continuously seek to improve research, design, and development processes to gain efficiency, remove obstacles, and simplify workflows
- Lead by example, demonstrating Tesco values, provide guidance and mentoring to help the team focus on our mission, achieve their best and strive for excellence
- Provide support & mentorship for junior team members, help to define objectives and help lead professional & personal development
- Critique & challenge product roadmaps and upward communication of potential initiatives and opportunities
- Effectively coordinate, facilitate and lead ceremonies, peer/design reviews and workshops with all design & research teams, business owners and stakeholders
- Be an advocate for correct use of and contribution to our design system
- Ensuring the team exercise their best judgement on methods, techniques, and criteria to achieve project objectives & key results
- Plan, coordinate, conduct, analyse and communicate research findings from a range of quantitative & qualitative sources
- Collaborate with other members of the wider project team to create key success metrics for design changes
You will need
Multifaceted design research techniques, workshop planning, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, user testing, and implementation
Ability to present ideas, plans & designs and clearly articulate rationale
Phenomenal IA skills, journey mapping, user flows, sketching skills, wireframes, and translating them to fully functional prototypes that are used throughout our design process to validate your solutions against user needs while ensuring your solutions are technically feasible.
- Expertise in carrying out primary methods of customer research
- Creative problem solving; improving research & design issues for complex products & services
- Experience facilitating and leading peer/design reviews and workshops with business owners, stakeholders and teams from other design and research fields
- Ability to use both quantitative and qualitative insight to advise decision-making
- Expertise in data-informed design and usage data analysis
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.