The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
PMO Manager - Technology Plan
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
In this role you will play a key role to enable the delivery of the Group Technology Portfolio. You will support different teams to deliver their annual and multi-year plan through effective planning, reporting and tooling whilst providing oversight for the domain to provide transparency and data-led intelligence.
You will be responsible for
- Working with stakeholders in Technology to keep a transparent and accurate view of the Technology portfolio, using this insight and the benefit of a holistic view to steer the work we do and when
- Measure performance across the domain area, providing intelligence to support strategic/long term planning processes
- Producing tailored reporting/updates on the plan, communicating progress to key stakeholders as part of the Technology governance and steering framework
- • Drive the use of standard and consistent tooling
- Drive a joined-up portfolio prioritisation process across Strategic Drivers and the Technology Plan
- Facilitate regular portfolio review meetings with the leadership team
- Track outcomes, forecasts and delivery to target, risks and issues across our three-year plan to proactively identify, manage and mitigate any gaps to target and the outcomes we have set out to deliver
- Working collaboratively across Portfolio, Resource, Excellence and Finance teams to ensure a joined-up approach to managing Technology delivery
You will need
- Programme / Portfolio management office experience (essential)
- Firsthand experience writing engagement communication material
- Familiar with and able to manipulate financial information
- Working in fast paced / project environment
- Excellent stakeholder management and facilitation
- Strong and clear verbal and written communication
- Numeric with great attention to detail
- Ability to juggle changing priorities, managing workload effectively
- Curious and able to join up various types of information / holistic thinking to reach conclusions
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.