The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City / Farringdon
Product Manager - Platform
Job Reference tesco/TP/12170805/711111
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Our purpose here at Tesco is to serve our customers, our communities, and the planet a little better every day, whether they are at home, out shopping or on the move, we want our customers to be inspired and rewarded through an effortless shopping experience.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and redefining our technology to build the world’s leading retail platform.
We need product managers who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return, we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching a daring roadmap of digital products that will positively impact the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting, then we'd love to hear from you!
Product managers at Tesco are passionate about solving problems. They take accountability for their products and are empowered to drive the product strategy, roadmap and outcomes. Driven by curiosity and innovation they work with Engineering, Programme, Data, UX and business partners to solve problems and add new value for our Customers, Colleagues & Business globally.
About The Mango Platform
Mango is an orchestration and abstraction API that enables integration between our UI clients and applications and our services. Mango is written in the GrapQL query language allowing our clients to specify what part of data they need making it easier to aggregate requirements from multiple sources within our company.
This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral problem solver with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most meaningfully, puts our customers first.
You will be responsible for
- Will proactively partner with peers and senior customers to set the future direction of my product as part of the wider business strategy
- Am accountable for the performance/ adoption of the product and work towards achieving the Outcomes and Key Results (OKRs)
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team(s)
- Support over twenty Mango platform clients, work well as an individual contributor but also create a bridge while working together with Engineers, programme managers, product managers, designers and SDMs from across the business.
- Finding opportunities to improve our platform and working with the Senior Product Manager to prioritise developments into our core and feature releases.
- Prioritise work and significantly resolve trade-offs with peers and senior leaders
- Understand and coordinate sequencing including phases and key achievements, to accomplish progress and identify how relevant Teams need support.
- Keep our Product backlog up to date, practice agile product management according to Scrum methodologies.
- Optimally document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories with acceptance criteria and help the team in breaking down sophisticated work into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
- Develop and explain technical guidelines for clients to ensure that the platform capabilities are understood so that clients can build the required capability.
- Steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with the engineering counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in the least effort
You will need
- Support setting the vision and strategy for my product area and develop and baseline my product's OKRs
- Skilled in using various data types in different situations and know when to use quantitative and/or qualitative data
- Understand large scale data platforms and how they can increase the scalability, availability, performance, and security of my organisation’s data
- Understand the Product Management lifecycle, product delivery process and the importance of an Agile approach to discover, design, define, develop and deliver small increments of the most important opportunities that will drive growth and value for my product
- Using data to prioritise and adopting a consistent approach to prioritisation
- I know how large technology systems should interact with each other and supervise health metrics (uptime, SLOs, response time, etc)
- I know how to use relevant tools to produce and update roadmaps for my product
- I build a sufficient technical knowledge to guide and advise our internal clients whether the suggested changes are possible and advise on the workaround solutions if needed.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.