What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
You will be joining Agile Product & Operations - a team charged with driving excellence in Technology, by building communities, developing standard methodology and simplifying how we work. As a Product Coach embedded within the Agile Product team, you will play a key role in building a centre of excellence for Product Management and Agile across Tesco; defining what good looks like for Product Management and the Agile practice adoption end-to-end with transparency and clarity on our delivery against the Technology Product Strategy and Roadmap. You will support the Product Operation Managers in enabling teams to thrive; developing Agile and Product principles and practices to upskill and continuously improve the Product capability of our colleagues and teams to satisfy the needs of the customer by developing inspiring and successful products with quality and speed
You will be responsible for
Working with the Lead Product Coach to co-design, develop and maintain the overall Agile and Product adoption strategy to establish Tesco Technology as a ‘Product Led’ organisation.
- Continuously improving and scaling the approach as Tesco’s needs and capabilities evolve
- Identifying systemic impediments to delivering value and work with the appropriate business partners to unblock them
- Defining a communication strategy which advocates Product Management principles, agile practices and engages colleagues in the Product journey
- Supporting the Tech Capability teams to develop an advancing Product learning curriculum for our lead and senior Product roles.
Improving Product Capability across Tesco Technology to help individual and teams to discover, define and build the ‘right things’, in the right way - through the use of best practice, tools and experience.
- Developing the Agile and Product training and learning offering so it is fit for purpose and meets the needs of our colleagues at an individual and team level
- Deliver training, covering the principles, practices, tools and techniques of the Agile and Product learning offering
- Supporting and facilitating teams to understand and apply Product principles and best practices in an Agile way
- Measuring using empirical data to continuously improve delivery of training / coaching
- Helping teams to optimise the end-to-end value stream by collaborating across teams, domains and functions
- Supporting teams to use evidence based data to continuously improve product learning, validate the roadmap and help drive conversations regarding the next best investment for the product
- Building and maintaining a centre of excellence through education and engagement with the wider product community
- Provide mentorship and support at a Portfolio, Value Stream, Programme, Product and Team levels
- Support the Agile Product & Operations team in the efficient deliver of key products
You will need
- 4+ years experience in product management across the full product development lifecycle with exposure to a wide array of technologies, methodologies and business environments.
- An understanding of Agile principles and practices and how these have been applied to drive successful product delivery.
- Education/ training experience.
- Experience working independently in a fast-paced environment, navigating complexity to deliver valuable outcomes.
- Efficiently working with a broad range of business partners, including senior stakeholders, to understand issues, collect feedback and build alignment.
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Aha! and Miro.
- Desirable: Agile Certification.
- A self-starter and change agent, with a passion for problem-solving and continuous improvements.
- Leading effective organisational change / transformation, using agile project management, organisational change, lean, design-thinking techniques.
- Analysing data to support decision-making.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Collaborative, flexible and open working style with an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility.
- Integrity, energy and mentality to “make things happen”.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.