The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Farringdon, London, EC1R 5AR
Product Operations Manager
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
You'll be joining Agile Product & Operations – a team charged with driving excellence in Technology, by building communities, developing standard methodology and simplifying how we work. Our Product Ops Manager roles are embedded within and dedicated to specific Product Management teams, driving efficiency and crafting the conditions for those teams to do their best work. Here you’ll play a key role in enabling the teams to thrive, maintaining the health of the operations and continually driving positive change. You’ll do this by applying agile principles and an experimental mentality, with as much focus on people as you’ll have on process.
You will be responsible for
Groundbreaking change activities that drive product capability across our product teams, using empirical data to identify trends, surfacing difficulties and prioritising actions.
- Breaking down sophisticated problems and collaborating closely with the product community to develop, launch and iterate on experiments.
- Building trust and rapport, run engaging workshops and retrospectives to collect and incorporate the best insights and thinking of others.
- Seeking out relevant opportunities to standardise / systematise solutions, for both the product teams you're embedded within and the broader product community.
- Running and facilitating monthly product reviews and weekly product round-up sessions, as well as being responsible for cyclical communications.
- Running cyclical assessments of Product teams’ health, practice maturity and/or skills, including finding opportunities and driving improvements.
- Encouraging a centre of excellence and evangelise best Product Management practice across the teams in collaboration with the Agile Product Coaching Team.
- Collaborating with other Product Ops Managers in running quarterly prioritisation activities. This involves prioritising and facilitating sessions with a broad range of business partners crafting and presenting the plans, while seeking out opportunities to optimise the process.
- Collaborating with the broader Agile Product & Operations Team in maturing Ops practice and coordinating cross-functional events.
- Developing a partner map and own positive relationships with the Product Director, Heads of Products and their cross-functional counterparts.
- Coaching and mentoring colleagues, and support with upskilling on Product Management tools as vital.
You will need
- 5+ years in a Product Development role e.g. Ops Manager, Delivery Lead, Project / Programme Manager, Agile Coach, Product Manager, etc.
- Proven understanding in Agile and Product Management concepts / principles / practices.
- Experience working independently in a fast-paced environment, navigating complexity to deliver valuable outcomes.
- Optimally working with a broad range of business partners, including senior business customers, to understand issues, capture feedback and build alignment.
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Aha! and Miro.
- Desirable: BCS Practitioner in Agile certificate.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.