Product Manager - Payroll
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
As a Payroll Product specialist Manager working within the Technology function, you will support the design, development and build of the Payroll requirements within the HR/Payroll solution adhering to Tesco Policies and Procedures and ensuring the system remains legislatively compliant.
Working alongside your Technology colleagues, this role will enable you to make a real difference, shaping the future payroll roadmap and helping to deliver a leading HR/Payroll product user.
With over 250,000 colleagues in various roles from Head Office, Retail and Distribution, there will be many challenges in this fast paced environment to overcome, with plenty of opportunities to improve processes and design payroll solutions that handle any situation and pay all our colleagues on time with the highest level of accuracy.
You will be responsible for
- Working in conjunction with alongside other Payroll Product Managers and alongside the BAU Product team to help define and deliver the Payroll roadmap
- Defining and writing detailed product requirements, taking into account constraints, protecting the out of the box product from customisations, while maintaining a well defined backlog.
- Working in partnership with engineering and testing teams to develop a superb product and use data to drive decisions and measure the effectiveness of the outcome in terms of value to the customer and / or internal user
- Pro-actively growing your knowledge by researching the market, suggesting innovative solutions and ideas to business problems, building and maintaining an excellent external network
- Challenging the status quo, delivering continuous improvement, formulating and proposing ideas for the long-term roadmap, alongside handling partner engagement and their expectations
- Build a full understanding of partners needs and difficulties and respond to them through the product improvements.
- Be a champion for our colleagues and business, with excellent partner relationships
- Fully understanding the business needs, observing them using the product, collecting feedback and building into future requirements.
- Leading by example, driving a culture of continuous growth and improvement
- Handle conflicting priorities well, communicate clearly and understand how to maintain a high level of focus and excellence within a strong and hardworking team.
- Ensure data integrity by working with data governance and the data quality manager developing significant processes and controls
- Up skilling relevant colleagues on/offshore in Payroll processes through Knowledge Transfer and handover of manual workarounds
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
- Subject Matter expertise in Payroll
- Experience with using JIRA is desirable
- Strong communicator and partner engagement skills
- Ability to handle own workload and to meet deadlines/commitments in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with multiple teams to deliver projects, often across time zones
- Strong technical knowledge balanced with deep business understanding
- Building a partnership approach to working with business teams
- Strong communication, listening, influencing and leadership skills.
- Superb partner leadership skills, ability to engage with a range of technical and non-technical partners.
- A methodical and analytical approach, excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven understanding of Microsoft Office!
- Prior experience with Oracle HCM cloud Global HR & Payroll
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management
- A positive, can-do attitude, giving to an energetic and motivated team environment.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.