Technical Product Manager – Identity
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Our Customer API product team is a group of Product Managers responsible for managing the development, strategy, and vision for some of Tesco’s core technology foundations – a Retail Platform forming the building blocks of how Tesco masters, manages and authenticates customer data!
Due to expansion of the Identity Team in the Customer APIs we are looking to bring in a Technical Product Manager! You will work with our engineering teams to develop the roadmap with a particular focus on our more technical outcomes. That could include managing anything from a new microservice that securely stores customer credentials to a public cloud migration project.
The successful person will freely translate from technical to non-technical terms and help close the communications gap between engineering and the rest of the company and be aware of trends / innovations that could help the Identity API which is responsible for billions of authentications each week.
The candidate will need to be able to understand Tesco’s technical landscape, its API infrastructure and deliver value to the organisation. A solid understanding of API design and standard methodology is crucial, whilst prior experience working with authentication standards (e.g. OAuth2, OIDC) is preferable.
You will be responsible for
- Working in an agile environment for 2-3 years.
- Getting involved with a team of developers to deliver value iteratively
- Strong technical skills working predominately with APIs, Cloud Services, Identity frameworks – ideally from an engineering background
- Owning the development plans: crafting the overall strategy, defining and prioritising business requirements and working with the different business units to ensure their plans are coordinated
- Work with other Product Managers, architects and the development team to deliver the roadmap using agile methodologies: prioritising requirements, answering development questions and resolving issues, always putting the customer first.
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral problem solver with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most meaningfully, puts our customers first.
You will need
- A methodical/ analytical approach and great problem-solving skills
- Great teammate who could work collaboratively with other members of the team
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills, especially when multiple trade-offs are involved, and faster decision are required
- Technically proficient to influence and understand the solution context and approach and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested.
- Understands the impact Tech debt is causing and the value Tech upgrades can bring in, and can hold the objective conversations with your technology counterparts to prioritize it during any sprint
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.