The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Senior Software Engineer - Contact Service
Job Reference tesco/TP/10082958/700998
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The retail environment is changing rapidly, change bought about by rapid advancements in technology. At Tesco Technology, we are building the next generation of our online and in-store retail platform, a platform that will enable us to set the benchmark for a technology-led customer-centric retail experience. Come help us build this platform!
Within Tesco Technology, Contact Service is responsible for the Customer Contact Domain. We build and maintain applications that power our ability to handle Tesco Customer profile data & consent choices, solutions that manage all contact with Tesco customers, be it emails, push notifications, text messages, or Clubcard issuance. We are responsible for ensuring all our customer's in-store experience around physical or digital receipting meets the high standards our customers expect of us, all of this at “Tesco scale”. All of our applications and services need to be able to handle millions of requests per day, tolerate failures, scale in response to load; doing all of this while placing security at the heart of everything we do.
We operate a DevOps philosophy. You, together with the rest of your team, support in production what you build. We value delivery to production, getting data/feedback from production and using this data to drive further improvements and features. We release multiple times a week, sometimes multiple times a day.
- Azure & AWS
- SQL and NoSQL database (e.g DynamoDB, Couchbase, SQL Server)
You will be responsible for
Your responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Consistently delivering against the product and engineering backlogs.
- Supporting your and your team’s code all the way to production.
- Pair programming, reviewing pull request and giving constructive feedback.
- Contributing to the definition of features for services owned by your team
- Continuously improving yourself and your team by suggesting and helping implement new Engineering processes and practices
- Effectively communicating your and your team’s progress to your team members, your Manager and wider Tesco colleagues.
You will need
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- An understanding and experience of Lean and Agile dev methodologies
- Experience utilising different testing practises, including TDD.
- Experience of continuous integration, automated deployments, and other DevOps practises.
- Experience of designing and implementing Restful APIs.
- Experience with both NoSQL and cloud technologies.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.