Systems Engineering Manager - Identity and Collaboration
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Systems Engineering Manager helps to define and influence the technical roadmap for their area. This role is critical in shaping the team and working with the programme function to effectively deliver against the roadmap, as well as ensuring that the delivered technologies are highly available, and are continually maintained.
As a Systems Engineer Manager, I will:
- Discover and implement new technologies that improve functionality, availability, cost efficiency, and security for Tesco’s systems.
- Leads a team of System Engineers who design, develop, and manage Tesco’s systems.
- Manage Roadmaps, KPI’s and budget related to the technical areas, I look after.
- Collaborate with other teams across all of Tesco Technology and vendors to ensure service and project delivery.
- Define simple management summary from complex technical topics and drive logical decisions at all levels within Tesco.
You will be responsible for
System Engineering Skills & responsibilities
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate infrastructure products to meet business needs.
- Define and influence the Roadmap and technical standards, in their own technology areas.
- Ensure security is by design for new and existing solutions.
- Ensure designs and implementations are documented, have appropriate capacity built in and are highly resilient to ensure smooth transition to operations.
- Understand and adopt appropriately different ways of working for effective and efficient delivery.
- Awareness or knowledge of emerging technologies within your specialism and keep abreast of wider Infrastructure developments.
- Leverage existing tool sets and drive adoption of new tools and techniques, to get the best value.
- Manage resources within the team to ensure the successful delivery of projects whilst maintaining service.
- Manage the team to identify and resolve issues quickly, address escalations and manage communications to stakeholders.
- Ensure the team understand and follow IT Service Management processes; Change, Incident, Problem and Risk. Ensure KPI’s are kept above thresholds.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers and hold them accountable for desired outcome.
- Understand what maintenance agreements are in place to ensure continuity of service.
- Supervise response to major incidents and provide clear post-incident root cause analysis documentation.
- Define and implement high-impact changes and projects in Infrastructure that could impact your area of responsibility and take proactive measures to ensure service stability.
- Drive service improvements that are focused on customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- Ownership of technology readiness, to deliver key initiatives/projects within QTC (Quality/Time/Cost).
- Take ownership to deliver workplace initiatives / projects.
Leadership & Potential
- Motivate your team with clear expectations and providing recognition.
- Create a positive and supportive culture in your team.
- Anticipate and overcome obstacles with a pragmatic approach to achieve goals and commitments.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Comfortable communicating with stakeholders and engineers alike
- Responsible for hiring, objective setting, coaching employees, and support for individual's career growth.
You will need
- Manging life cycle & roadmap of Identity solution i.e. Active directory and Azure Active directory.
- Managing life cycle & roadmap of Office 365 productivity and collaboration stack.
- Managing life-cycle & roadmap of certificate services.
- Liaise with our IDP provider, (Onelogin), to ensure seamless and secure logon for Tesco hosted platforms.
- Expertise on Microsoft licensing and renewals for workplace products like M365 etc.
- Expertise on meeting rooms solution, like Teams meeting rooms etc.
- Expertise on overall workplace eco system integration, GPO, modern device management, VPN, Antivirus, ATP, File services etc.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date