Product Manager - Computer Vision
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
• Annual bonus scheme where you can earn 10-20% of base salary
• Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
• On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
• Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
• Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
• Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
• Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a household member) after 3 months service
• Colleague Discounts:
• 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
• 10% off One Stop
• 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
• 20% off all F&F purchases
• 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
• 25% off Tesco Café
• 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
• 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
• An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
• Cycle to work scheme
• Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
• Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
• Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
• Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
• Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
As a Product Manager, you are experienced in product management practice having guided multiple product enhancements from inception through to implementation and optimisation. You have ownership for a large product that involve multiple internal/ external stakeholders and you drive product strategy, roadmap and the execution for them.
You work mostly with other members of product team - UX designers, Senior Product Managers and engineers, as well as with your product stakeholders.
About the Computer Vision Product Manager role:
- This role focuses on building the computer vision capabilities / AI models which enable business outcomes to be achieved. This includes building out internal capabilities including person, product and object recognition and tracking, working with a data science scrum team to build out the capabilities as well as considering the external market.
- The role sits within the Store Colleague Experience product team.
About the Computer Vision Product Team:
The computer vision product team approaches computer vision as a product, building a common platform, combining hardware, infrastructure and data science to develop and deploy computer vision capabilities at scale across the business. We are a relatively new but rapidly expanding product team, using computer vision models to detect and prevent shrink, enable operational efficiency through product and person recognition capabilities and enable a more frictionless experience. We are working at the cutting edge of computer vision technologies, attempting to innovate beyond what has been done with computer vision by any other retailer globally. Combining data capture, data science ML models, edge compute and API’s, we are bringing a number of complex components together to deliver computer vision capabilities strategically and at scale.
You will be responsible for
- Have ownership of a Product involving multiple internal/ external stakeholders and drive the Product strategy & execution for it
- Engage with my stakeholders to formulate the vision, strategy and long-term roadmap for my product and execute it well by constantly managing my stakeholders expectations, working through dependencies across multiple products/ teams
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for my product and their pain points really well
- Understand and demonstrate all of the features of my product to different audiences within and outside of my immediate product team
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
- Steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with my engineering counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort
- Am accountable for the performance/ adoption of my product and work towards increasing it
- Lead discovery work around minimum viable product (MVP) for any new product/feature, collaborating with user experience (UX) and engineering teams to prototype and validate the MVP
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team (s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
- Monitor competitor activity and overseas market trends
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and engineering stakeholders
- Provide support and coaching to junior Product Managers as well as peers
- Present to other Tesco Product areas on my Product and its functional/ engineering capabilities
- Effectively presented the vision, roadmap, key KPIs and execution plans (release/ sprint plans) for my product
You will need
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice & methodologies.
- Proven success of having managed a complex product that led to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders
- Understand User Research/ Design Thinking concepts and applied those for your product work.
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools & Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management.
- Knowledge and experience of software development methodologies and processes.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.