Lead Reward Manager
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
We are delighted to be able to share a new opportunity has arisen in our People team for a Lead Reward Manager.
The successful candidate will lead a team of reward specialists to support People Business Partners in all aspects of Reward and will be accountable for delivering key reward processes such as benchmarking and pay review for the respective population.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with previous experience managing a team and ideally a strong commercial capability gained in a large complex organisation.
You will be responsible for
- Leading and providing guidance to a team of reward specialists to support the People Team and Senior Managers in all reward issues including pay, pay negotiations, incentives, benchmarking, and reward policy
- Leading the roll out of new reward initiatives
- Working with the Head of UK Reward to develop and implement reward strategies, policies and practices
- Playing an integral role in delivering the annual reward cycle
- Leading specific reward projects to simplify / enhance Tesco's reward offering
- Developing associated HR and management communications
- Providing a valuable contribution to the broader Tesco reward strategy
You will need
- Deep technical reward knowledge and experience
- Strong commercial capability gained in a large complex organisation
- Working in a unionised environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to develop and motivate a high performing team
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.