The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Shire Park, Kestral Way, Welwyn Garden City
Talent Advisor - Part time (18 months FTC)
Job Reference tesco/TP/8568366/692884
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
We are delighted to share an opportunity which has arisen in the People team for a Talent Advisor on an 18 month fixed term contract part time (21.75 hours).
The Talent team sit within the broader Group Talent, Capability, D&I & Early Careers team and are key to supporting the business to have the right colleagues in the right roles at the right time. As a key part of the team, you will be joining us as we prepare to launch Tesco’s new approach to performance -Your Contribution. A really rare and unique opportunity to play a meaningful role in embedding this approach whilst also getting stuck into a mix of other strategic and operational projects.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Actively support the Talent Manager to partner the UK Office People teams and land key talent initiatives
- Work cross functionally with key stakeholders and the talent community on projects to deliver our talent strategy
- Support the delivery of the talent and performance cycles, working closely with the Group talent teams to ensure alignment across the Group
- Work with operational talent and people teams, supporting ad-hoc requests and advising on talent queries
- Continually track external talent trends and bring ideas back to Tesco
- Support the creation of presentations, blueprints and guides for talent initiatives
- Support the scoping and delivery of our diversity and inclusion plans, supporting on key initiatives such as the Diverse Talent Communities
- Work with partnering teams to embed Your Contribution, Tesco’s new approach to performance. Produce supporting materials and work with the Talent Manager to deploy and support people teams.
You will need
- High perceptiveness; the ability to quickly understand how different businesses and functions operate and how this applies to Talent and performance.
- A genuine curiosity in Talent and a willingness to stay ahead of key developments in the UK and global markets
- Confidence engaging with team members, the ability to build strong working relationships across multiple functions, peers and senior leadership
- Energy, drive and resilience; a self-starter who is highly motivated to learn, improve and progress within a fast-paced and exciting environment
- Methodical, thorough approach to research and reporting, with excellent written skills
- An ability to interpret and provide insight from data to support talent initiatives
- Integrity, honesty, and the desire to collaborate effectively within a close-knit team
- Responsiveness, flexibility and the ability to plan and organise are vital
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and subject areas within the organisation
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.