Security Analyst III – Insight & Compliance
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The IAM team is made up of Security Analysts, and Product, Engineering and Operations teams, working across the Tesco group to improve our IAM controls throughout the colleague and application lifecycles. We’re responsible for ensuring key controls are in place, encompassing joiner/mover/leaver, access requests, reviews and the contingent worker lifecycle.
As a Security Analyst III for Insight & Compliance in the IAM team, you’ll be responsible for our overall strategy and processes for building insight and tracking our compliance and performance, to underpin the work of the wider team. This will involve a mix of completing your own analysis while also collaborating with other team members and sharing your knowledge and capabilities.
The position will be based at our Shire Park Campus in Welwyn Garden City. We aim for a blended working model, underpinned by flexibility.
You will be responsible for
- Showcasing great analytical and insight techniques for the team, being both a role model and a coach
- Acting as the custodian of our compliance data and standards, rigorously protecting data to always ensure we represent the truth
- Formulating the vision, strategy and pathway for new insight and compliance work within the team
- Working collaboratively both inside the team and across the wider Tesco group to reach our shared goals
- Using data to highlight opportunities and issues that help us build our next generation of access controls
- Keeping up to date with new developments and capabilities across wider internal/external security landscapes
- Managing junior analysts within the Insight & Compliance workstream
You will need
We’re interested in the unique experiences and capabilities that you can bring to the role and our team, so we’d prefer that you tell us what you have to offer instead of giving you a long checklist.
We do think you’ll be someone who is passionate about data and has attention to detail, while understanding the importance of building strong relationships and working in an open and honest way. As you’ll lead and be an expert and mentor for other team members, it’s likely you’ll have acquired experience in a similar senior analyst role, but it’s not essential.
As a minimum we would expect that you have experience, and can demonstrate, working with large and complex datasets to achieve outcomes. This is likely to mean you have high capability with tools such as SQL, Python and Excel, and are able to use and share your knowledge on a day-to-day basis.
It’s great if you have experience working within the cyber security or software development domains, but don’t worry if you don’t – this knowledge is easily substituted with a willingness to learn, explore, and ask questions!
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.