The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Systems Engineer II - Apple Devices (JAMF Engineering)
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
A great opportunity is now available for a talented Systems Engineer. Working as part of an experienced team, you’ll use your experience in macOS, iOS, iPadOS and jamf Pro, to maintain Physical and Virtual infrastructure and provide system administration for this service.
You will be responsible for
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Providing the team with day-to-day technical support.
- Maintenance of infrastructure across all sites.
- Ensure all company devices adhere to defined Information Security Policies/ Procedures.
- Maintaining inventory of company hardware.
- Troubleshoot service disruptions.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and increase automation
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Document workflows and procedures.
You will need
3+ years working with JAMF infrastructure (including architecture, administration and maintenance).
Experience relevant for this job:
- 3+ years’ working in Mac Support.
- Solid knowledge of both macOS, iPadOS and iOS
- Experience with Zendesk ticketing systems
- Experience with JIRA
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (Tomcat, JAVA, MySQL)
- Solid scripting skills (Bash, Python)
- Knowledge of information security best practices.
- Solid server knowledge (Windows, Centos)
- Solid networking knowledge
Skills relevant for the job:
- JAMF Pro 200 certification or higher
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.