Senior Systems Engineer - Apple (iOS, MAC, Jamf)
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Key Aspects of the role
- Interpret and implement the designs of others adhering to standards and guidelines
- Design solutions within their area of expertise using technologies that already exist within Tesco
- Understand the roadmaps for their area of Technology
- Design secure solutions
- Design solutions that can be consumed in a self-service manner by both business and engineering teams
- Understand the impact of technologies at an enterprise scale.
- Design automated solutions that will minimize the amount of hands-on activity needed to fix issues.
- Implement or supervise high impact changes
- Analyse, understand, identify technical problems, and documenting the appropriate solution
- Awareness or knowledge of emerging technologies outside your specialism.
- Understand the value of operational efficiency and how it saves cost and drives a positive customer experience.
You will be responsible for
As a Senior Systems Engineer - Apple you will be:
- Work as a key member of an engineering team who is an expert in a technical
- Deliver Infra Solutions for colleagues and engineering of high quality in a timely manner
- Contribute to valuable features that are used by customers
- Participate in retrospectives
- Suggest improvements to processes and methodologies to speed delivery
- Question requirements and challenge where necessary
- Identify the value of tasks & always works on the highest priority items
You will need
- Expertise on IOS and MAC OS management
- Expertise on Aplle device hardware catalogue management
- Expertise on Jamf device management solution and MDM concepts
- Expertise with integration of Apple devices in eco system of Active-directory/network/security-tools.
- Experience of taking ownership for overall life-cycel management of Apple devices.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.