Product Manager - Intelligent Automation
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The team is really passionate about making it as simple and efficient as possible for colleagues to get help and to support our technology systems. This includes developing new ways to enable colleagues to help themselves, as well as enabling helpdesks and technology teams to provide support effectively.
We are responsible for owning the product roadmap and managing the development and rollout of improvements to our Service Desk and Automation systems across Tesco.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Own the Vision and Strategy for Intelligent Automation at Tesco
- Work as part of our Intelligent Automation Centre of Excellence, owning the product roadmap to deliver automation to teams all across Tesco
- Play a key part in the introduction of automation software across Tesco, providing Product Management best practises to help deliver successfully
- Work closely with business process owners to identify opportunities for automation
- Use data to identify opportunities for change and to validate new features or processes
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business to land large scale changes
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to engineering teams using user stories and acceptance criteria, breaking down complex pieces of work into small, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered quickly
- Ensure understanding and communication of requirements
- Identify opportunities to release incremental value across teams and work with PMs and Engineering to plan sprints/releases that deliver maximum value with the least effort
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and engineering stakeholders
- Prioritise coordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently
- Go-to resource for matters relating to Intelligent Automation tooling.
- Understand and demonstrate all the features of the tools to different audiences within and outside of the immediate product team
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first
You will need
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Track record of using data to drive change to products and processes
- Ability to understand complex problems and provide logical and rational solutions
- Experience delivering large scale change successfully
- Articulating a complex product strategy in terms of consumer and business value
- Experience and understanding of agile techniques to deliver large scale, high quality products
- Working effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and challenging business stakeholders
- Understanding of how to contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle
- The ability to influence without authority
- Have a solid technical understanding to be comfortable having technical conversations and know when to challenge and ask questions
- Demonstrate exposure to and experience of core development skills – information architecture, user journeys, wireframe design, testing and design briefs
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.