Group Maintenance Manager
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank holidays)
- Company Car Allowance
- Retirement savings plan
- Life Assurance
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% off most purchases at Tesco (15% off for a four day period after each pay day)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Tesco Maintenance are currently seeking to recruit a Group Maintenance Manager to cover various stores within an area. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. Leading a team of Store Maintenance Technicians, the Group Maintenance Manager delivers exceptional service and support to Tesco customers across the retail stores. Working flexibly and collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to provide professional maintenance and repair services in a timely manner to all relevant standards is essential to this role. The Manager will proactively look for opportunities to use their technical skills and those of the team to improve both the service provided and the experience for stakeholders. A core responsibility of the role is to deliver all associated services, planned and reactive maintenance to the retail stores in order to provide a safe and well-maintained workplace for colleagues.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Provide a safe environment for all those who work and shop in our stores.
- Leading and developing a team of 15 remote Maintenance Technicians inspiring great performance everyday through regular 121 and development conversations.
- Maintaining a retail estate consisting of approximately 60 stores.
- Putting community, customer and colleague welfare at the heart of every decision made.
- Following the Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Great communication with the team and wider business.
- Ensuring all legal and compliance standards are met and where possible exceeded.
- Continually reviewing the workload and capacity of my team, ensuring team structure supports business delivery.
- Forecasting and managing my budgets effectively, always being cost conscious.
- Delivering on the company KPI’s and supporting improvement where they are not achieved.
- Carrying out thorough store inspections to monitor the condition and upkeep of a portfolio of stores.
- Leading through change to improve capability and standards.
- Building effective relationships and communicating clearly with stakeholders, managing expectations where required.
- Managing contractor performance whilst on site to ensure the most effective and efficient fix.
- Ensuring we make the right fix, on time, every time.
You will need
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management.
- People leadership and development with proven experience of leading through leaders.
- Comfortable with reviewing and analysing management information to deliver business objectives.
- Experience in budget management and forecasting.
- You will have an engineering, maintenance or facilities management background.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload with conflicting priorities.
- Problem solving & influencing skills.
- Building internal and external networks.
- Change management.
- Management of remote teams.
- UK driving licence.
Ideal additional skills include
- Health & Safety qualification IOSH.
- Engineering and Maintenance qualification.
- Experience of engineering, maintenance or facilities from a retail or FMCG background.
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.