Senior Counsel - Technology & Procurement
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7,320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 6% and 10% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Health screening every 2 years
- Private medical insurance offered by Bupa
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
The Senior Counsel - Technology and Procurement works closely with the leaders of the Technology and Procurement functions and Legal Directors and Senior Counsel to deliver effective legal business partnering to the business
Technology – working closely with senior Technology partners including the CTO to ensure the delivery of Technology contracting, licensing and development and leading the three transactional lawyers working directly with the team. The work the team undertakes includes Statements of Work, agreements and amendments for domestic and international services transactions, including Statements of Work relating to cloud services, SaaS, consulting/implementation services, maintenance agreements and renewals, software license agreements and non-disclosure agreements as well as maintaining up to date knowledge of legal issues pertaining to software implementation, licensing, and cloud transactions
Procurement- The Procurement team handles all goods not for resale purchased across the Tesco Group. The Senior Counsel provides strategic advice to the Procurement Director and their direct reports on best practice on contracting and RFP’s and works with other senior partners in Distribution and Procurement. We have three dedicated procurement lawyers who support critical procurement initiatives and run our contracting technology systems.
The role will have a high level of internal and external visibility. A strong level of strategic leadership, commercial judgement and the ability to work effectively in a matrix environment is required.
You will be responsible for
- Leading the Technology and Procurement team (6 lawyers) and contributing to the running of an effective and proactive function
- Sitting on Technology and Procurement leadership teams and providing legal and commercial input into planning, pipeline and strategy
- Assisting with the development and leading the implementation of Group legal policy and assisting with the delivery of the compliance agenda
- Leading on major transactions and negotiations
- Specialist advice and handling external law firm delivery
You will need
The Senior Counsel will be a highly qualified lawyer with significant technology experience either from buy or sell side, combined with a suitable mix of commercial experience and a high degree of adaptability to new areas.
To succeed in this role, the Senior Counsel will have a track record of leading and transforming teams. Knowing when to challenge but also with experience of getting the best out of people and a firm grasp of commercial issues and contract law is also required.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.