Team Member - The Cafe
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
Alongside a fantastic work life balance, we offer excellent benefits that help make The Cafe a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Retirement savings plan - 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution
- Life Assurance - 1 x contractual pay
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts: -
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco (from April 2020)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform provided
- Holiday starting at 28 days (Including Bank Holidays)
About the role
CAFE TEAM MEMBER
We have a new Team Member job in your local Cafe - so this is your chance to join Tesco Family Dining & get that great work life balance! We are a friendly bunch of people who want to go the extra mile for our guests!
We need you to work flexibly in our Cafe & have a genuine smile on your face when serving your guests a quick bite to eat or a lovely cup of coffee.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Work in a busy Tesco Cafe giving great service worth recommending!
- Know your menu! Does the food or drink look right?
- Upsell our delicious extras...there's always room for a slice of cake!
- Encourage guests to give online feedback
- Always help to make sure your Cafe stays clean, safe & legal
Once cross-trained, you will be responsible for making our delicious food and great drinks
You will need
- To be 18 years of age or older
- Practical work experience in Cafes, Fast Food, Restaurants, Pubs, etc
- Understand great service & be passionate about delivering it
- Warm & engaging personality
- Great at multi-tasking, get a buzz of working in a busy Cafe
- Positive attitude
- Cooking experience helpful, however willingness to learn essential
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best. Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit the following link; https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am or after 10:15 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com