Senior Product Manager - Media
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
• Annual bonus scheme where you can earn 10-20% of base salary
• Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
• On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
• Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
• Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
• Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
• Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a household member) after 3 months service
• Colleague Discounts:
• 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
• 10% off One Stop
• 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
• 20% off all F&F purchases
• 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
• 25% off Tesco Café
• 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
• 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
• An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
• Cycle to work scheme
• Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
• Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
• Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
• Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
• Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
As the Senior Product Manager for Media, you will guide our Retail Media Platform enabling advertisers, agencies, and partners to grow and operate at scale across our channels and touchpoints.
You will focus on creating relevant and rich media experiences for our customers while providing flexible and cutting edge Ad serving capabiltiies to unlock the value of our inventory.
You will be part of the Discovery product team, responsible for managing the product vision, strategy and development for a suite of services (APIs) and associated customer experiences that are key to solving problems related to how Tesco customers find, discover and build their baskets, across all verticals and in all Tesco markets.
You will be responsible for
- Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures;
- Defining and building high-scale, low latency performance based product discovery services, including definition and tuning of algorithmic parameters
- A master practitioner of Product Management, you will own, manage and prioritise a quantitative focused backlog to deliver meaningful optimisation improvements across Tesco’s commerce sites, using agreed KPIs for coverage, relevance and performance based programmatic features
- Leading the development plans: shaping the overall strategy, defining and prioritising business needs and working with the different business units to ensure their plans are integrated.
- Work with other Product Managers, stakeholders, Data Science and the Engineering teams to deliver the roadmap using agile methodologies: prioritising requirements, answering development questions and resolving issues, always putting the customer first.
You will need
- Highly numerate and comfortable working with data
- A methodical/ analytical approach and great problem-solving skills
- Great presentation and persuasion skills
- Team player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team
- Ownership, responsiveness and commitment towards assigned work
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills, especially when multiple trade-offs are involved and faster decision are required
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, marketplaces, and growth strategies
- Experience with Publishers, Media Agencies, AdTech
- Great coaching skills and have successfully developed rock star Product managers under your leadership
- Great people skills and can gain respect and trust of team members and others working with you
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.